Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
If you do watch it, do yourself a favour and mute the tv
Yeah and try not to throw a stubby through it like I almost did listening to those pathetic biased commentators and watching those *smile* cheating umpires.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
If I was coach, I’d look elsewhere.
Can’t play seniors until you show desperation and play with intensity. Make him sit in the stands and watch Baker.
He pulls out of contests. Unacceptable.
But I’m not the coach

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
If I was coach, I’d look elsewhere.
Can’t play seniors until you show desperation and play with intensity. Make him sit in the stands and watch Baker.
He pulls out of contests. Unacceptable.
But I’m not the coach
He did it last week as well. Horrible look.
Wont be getting too many games if he can’t handle the intensity or willingness to get hurt.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not there yet but shows enough to persist.

Young, not many games, give him a go. Needs VFL to develop.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sloppy shoulders. Submits to the tackler meekly. Won’t commit in the air. Massively one sided. Generally nice kick.

Only Taylor hunt v Collingwood stands as a worse game for negative impact.

A lot to work on, jury out.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Sloppy shoulders. Submits to the tackler meekly. Won’t commit in the air. Massively one sided. Generally nice kick.

Yep I agree. No physical aspect to his game at all. Just doesn't fit in our template.

Like Rioli and Stack just doesn't look fit enough.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Has showed some very positive signs in recent weeks , no doubt yesterday was a bit of a mare but they happen.

The big question to me is , is it benefit to DES and the team if he is dropped because of some poor physical efforts , in past times an effort like one of his would have had him dragged and out for next week, now with no ressies to go back in and redeem , it’s a whole different situation. Does it also send a message to the group that if you don’t put 100% in at each contest you may be dropped .. In Dimma we trust

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Calling it a career killing performance might be a bit much but not by much. Last night was a really bad game for Eggs, really bad. Does himself no favors with his obvious lack of conditioning and that’s got to affect his confidence when the heat is on like it was against Port. Time for a spell.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Lennon V Geelong 16 was worse

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
He’ll soon learn to go harder I recon- look at choll and his adjustment to a more physical game, it takes time and focus (and a bit of *smile* tweeking)

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
A glaringly "outside" player - looks great when given the ball in a bit of space, but these blokes always get found out in big games. Many times he was hesitant and showed no hunger for the contest or was weak in physical situations. I guess with his left foot he'd have gotten a game well before now if he was the complete package... hopefully he can mitigate his shortcomings as Bachar did but for now, if Houli is ready, the switch is a no-brainer.

Reactions: 3 users