Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Sintiger said:
Haven’t seen him this year apart from the live streaming a couple of times. My concern was his decision making late last year and also the bit I have seen of him this year but he is getting a lot more of the ball now which is a good thing

just repeating what i posted on VFL thread:

Derek virtually missed the entire season in 2018 due to Shin-Splints and could not do any training loads. In fact he played the last 2 games only leading into the finals, (that is only 4 games total). Deserves not to be judged at all on what he did last year.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
tigerlove said:
Is stepping up big time. I've liked him a lot from day 1. Had a few setbacks with injury so thought people's opinions on his early games was a little unfair.

Interesting. As Caesar noted, Eggy missed most of 2018 with shin splints and only came back at the very end of the season totally underdone.
What was it you really liked about him from day 1 that others couldn’t see?

E

easy_tiger

Ive gotta be honest,

the game I saw Eggs play, he was rotten.

But it sounds like he's really whisking it out of the half back?

Im not counting my chickens yet,

but it certainly seems like his sponge is rising.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I've been impressed with his pace, i reckon egg's pasta than just about anyone at the club.

E

easy_tiger

tigerman said:
I've been impressed with his pace, i reckon egg's pasta than just about anyone at the club.

he wouldn't beat mark merengue at his peak

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He also took a while to adjust to life in Melbourne, but he's been happier since he first got laid. It was on a Fryday.

Maybe he would have adapted quicker if, like Stack, he'd also boarded with "Eggs" Clarke.

Last year he did find the training load eggs-hausting – he was running too much. He concentrated on other forms of eggs-ercise instead.

In one-on-ones at training he's rarely beaten, and the coaches are eggstatic with his development.

They won't eggnore him at selection for much longer. Expect him to be named as an emeggency soon.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dont Argue said:
Interesting. As Caesar noted, Eggy missed most of 2018 with shin splints and only came back at the very end of the season totally underdone.
What was it you really liked about him from day 1 that others couldn’t see?

Just little things like his composure and disposal skill and marking ability from his highlights reel. Could see he was very underdone and probably a bit overweight when he finally started playing in 2018 at VFL level and I wasn't expecting much early but could see signs even in the practice games earlier this year. I am glad he is now starting to fulfil his potential and become quite consistent at VFL level.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-11-27/rolandweeks13

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
tigerman said:

Nothing better than egg pasta, with pecorino and black pepper.

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
tigersnake said:
Balmey said "there's no way omlette'n him go"

That's good. You wouldn't want to hear that he left because Benny dict him around.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Really exciting prospect this kid , if he could come on then it would allow us to use stack into the midfield . Don’t be surprised to see him some time soon