Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

The best thing is that he is now entitled to embrace the confidence that can tell him to continue what he did today - to run and carry and bounce and basically take the game on. The rewards are there for him and the team.

Reactions: 4 users
That's the game I've been wanting to see from Raaaallllph. Plenty of wheels n his composure n ball use were better.

Reactions: 1 users
Gotta keep playing him, even if he has a couple of ordinary games.
Has a very good chance of blossoming into a very productive and competitive player if he's given the opportunity to feel he belongs at the senior level.

Really liked his game, butchered 1 kick inside 50, but was very good other than that. Good in the air, and his dash along with Rioli and Short was really damaging and will be a real weapon for us throughout this season. That trio are going to hurt a lot of teams, you can't stop them all.

I've liked the way he's played in all of his games so far, he's never made me think he won't be a long-term player like Ross does. I'm not fussed if he makes a mistake once in a while. Reminds me a little of Brando, Butler, McIntosh, Rioli... quite a few recent Richmond man running players.

Provides pressure and urgency.
Is fast & fit.
Got mullet.

...Richmond prototype.

Reactions: 3 users
I watched a replay of the first half and he was outstanding. Only knock was that kick going inside 50 under no pressure.

Fits a desperate need of a versatile flanker that can break the lines with some flair. If he can clean up his composure which I think will come with experience and hopefully his contested work, we have a serious player on our hands

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Might just be me, but reminds me of Bryan Wood. Got that serious dash.
I’m a huge fan

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
If he can tidy up his decision making and disposal while streaming forward, he will be one of the best outside players in the game

Reactions: 1 user
Sure has a long stride that makes him faster than he looks. Would be interesting to compare how many steps he takes per 100 metres versus Matty White :)

I have always liked Hugo since he was 16 years old and could see his talent would stand up at the level
For me he is a high half foward winger and i believe thats his best position going foward

we shall see what he ends up

I have always liked Hugo since he was 16 years old and could see his talent would stand up at the level
For me he is a high half foward winger and i believe thats his best position going foward

we shall see what he ends up
You have banged on about Raalphy for awhile!
Interesting you say half forward, he looks a great fit behind the ball