Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

He's going ok but his game is a bit patchy currently.
Beautiful goal on the run tick. Effort overall tick. He's trying no doubt.
However needs to continue building strength & endurance to AFL required levels as a predominantly outside player.
Also I find his field kicking a bit ropey & panicked still.
Some of these things might be easily ironed out over time. Some may not be.
Time will tell.

Reactions: 3 users
However needs to continue building strength & endurance to AFL required levels as a predominantly outside player.
Time will tell.
Just another we need to get preseasons and games into.

Reactions: 2 users
21yo small. Played 9 games to date.

Had a good first half then disappeared. Went hard a couple of times. He's no star at this stage. But likeable.

Reactions: 2 users
Time will tell.
Not physical enough at the contest or intense enough at the drop of the footy.

Needs to work on this instead of his hair.

I like him streaming towards goal though he's a pretty deadly shot on the run.

Reactions: 1 user
Surprised to see him on page 3. Kid is playing some good footy. His gut running between the arcs is a delight.

Reactions: 1 users
Surprised to see him on page 3. Kid is playing some good footy. His gut running between the arcs is a delight.
I thought he played a ripper tonight. Great run, hard at winning the ball and great spoiling despite umpires *smile* judication

I thought he played a ripper tonight. Great run, hard at winning the ball and great spoiling despite umpires *smile* judication
I actually thought the umpires got it right with him last night. He gets to a lot of contests, but can be pretty ragged when he arrives. Might be a fatigue thing, might just be a pace of the game thing.

He’s fast, has dash, so it looks like he’s at the level - but I reckon he’s using that speed to make up for a lack of anticipation sometimes, and that’s when he arrives on the scene like a freight train with no brakes.

Considering he’s only played a handful of games, that’s fine - however he’ll keep getting noticed by the umps until he cleans things up a bit.

Keep pushing the games into Raaaalllllph, by the time he's got 40 to 50 games under the belt he'll have worked out the little bits n pieces he needs to tidy up n be a bloody handy line breaker for us.
Not everyone plays the hard nut tough game n a couple of blokes like Bash n Grigga used to get the *smile* ragged out of them for not being physical contested beasts or perfect ball users. Pretty sure they turned out all right for us.

I thought his contested work was really good but for a couple of mishaps. Disposal improving. Had a good fame for mine.

Reactions: 4 users
IMO his best game so far.
19 disposals - didn't waste many.
His intensity and contested game was high level.
Needs a haircut.

Reactions: 3 users
I thought his defensive efforts were greatly improved. Some nice spoils. It looks like he has the offensive game and is upping it on the defensive side as well

Reactions: 1 user