Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
And not sure what he was doing when Chol scored the 2nd last goal. He was at the back of the pack but jumped to spoil (there were already 3 tigers defenders in that pack) and left Chol at the back of the pack by himself. Dumb.
That was on Grimes. If you are going to fly for the miraculous defensive punch make sure you connect. Otherwise you run the risk of getting scores out the back. Chol probably knew Grimes would attack it and Grimes should have known that Chol hates contact in packs and would wait for the cheapie out the back.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That was a terrible piece of play all round and not untypical of what we’ve seen at various times down back this year.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
That was a terrible piece of play all round and not untypical of what we’ve seen at various times down back this year.
The backline has been a dog's breakfast on too many occasions this year. Keystone Cops stuff. But it makes it hard when the midfield gets destroyed in clearances most weeks and the ball sails in like missiles raining down on Baghdad.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I thought he Hugo was alright yesterday, he used it by foot a lot better, he was far from our worst.

Reactions: 6 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Poor coaching to allow him to think it is ok to fly in a big pack contest. Dumb from him and dumber from the coach who didn't give him clear instructions

Reactions: 1 users

billybarrot

Tiger Cub
Feb 18, 2008
I noticed him laughing with a member of the opposition during the after game handshakes. Not really the appropriate time to have a laugh I would have thought. Obviously didn't meant too much for Hugo.
Good mates with Anderson. They're dads played together.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I want to know wtf the third-worst kick in the team was doing taking a kick-out late in the last quarter.

Reactions: 3 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Should not be playing anywhere near the backline. Looks the goods using his run and dash. Not sure why they have pushed him back there. Seems we sometimes try and invent positions to fit certain players in. If they want him in the backline i prefer Mansell playing that role. Wing or bust for Hugo

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
This week's Rising Star.

Bit of a surprise (after a loss) as I thought he was ok but not great.
Feels a little like the AFL has realised how few we've had in recent times & given us a consolation nomination.

Anyways he's putting together a pretty solid season & is showing progress. Well done Hugo.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I noticed him laughing with a member of the opposition during the after game handshakes. Not really the appropriate time to have a laugh I would have thought. Obviously didn't meant too much for Hugo.
In AFL many of the lads currently playing have been friends for years and just because they play for different clubs doesn't alter the friendship after the game. During the game, no quarter given.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
This week's Rising Star.

Feels a little like the AFL has realised how few we've had in recent times & given us a consolation nomination.

Anyways he's putting together a pretty solid season & is showing progress. Well done Hugo.
This is a charity nomination no doubt. The article during the week highlighting we are the only club not to get one must have caught the big bosses attention.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This week's Rising Star.

Obviously a kewpie doll nomination. What a joke this league is. Must've felt sorry for our choking loss.