Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Been the surprise improver for mine this season. Played well tonight and is hard running is well suited to the wing. Worked hard back into defense to help out when needed.

Reactions: 8 users
Haven't been convinced by Ralphsmith, and he certainly has a few flaws. But he has been a big improver this year and is starting to look like an AFL level player. I would like to see him improve some more but you can't fault his progress this year.

From being a player I would have thought would be delisted at the end of the year, he is looking to get a decent contract and nice to see Ralphsmith rising to the level.

DS

Reactions: 9 users
Haven't been convinced by Ralphsmith, and he certainly has a few flaws. But he has been a big improver this year and is starting to look like an AFL level player. I would like to see him improve some more but you can't fault his progress this year.

From being a player I would have thought would be delisted at the end of the year, he is looking to get a decent contract and nice to see Ralphsmith rising to the level.

DS
Well said. Fair description

Reactions: 1 users
We desperately need his run and carry on the wing. It's his natural position and needs to stay there. Good coaching from Yze re kicking instructions and playing Hugo to his strengths.

We desperately need his run and carry on the wing. It's his natural position and needs to stay there. Good coaching from Yze re kicking instructions and playing Hugo to his strengths.
Endeavour & work ethic is AFL level. Today he played with courage too - plaudits for that.

However, his kicking is average at best. That’s his challenge for the remainder of 2024. Whether he can be an elite AFL player depends on that.

Reactions: 1 user
However, his kicking is average at best. That’s his challenge for the remainder of 2024. Whether he can be an elite AFL player depends on that.
I agree his kicking has been bad in the past, I think it's getting better with experience and or coaching instructions to slow down in the mind and not trying to do too much akin to M.Rioli for example this season as distinct from past seasons. I don't see it being any worse than McIntosh or Pickett's kicking.

For the most part i think Ratfink's kicking is not too bad, it's been the decision making that let's him down more so, which again is improving.

Had a foot race with Dudley... Nic Martin. Mowed him down. Quick matters. We've got plenty worse. And this bloke improves.

Reactions: 4 users
Turk will be happy.
Ralphie is playing well
Sure am and he had a very good game

People forget the kid is only 22 and less than 40 games still
He is part of the future and just needs more game time

Averaging 15 touches at 76%de
3 tackles

Just needs to increase his possessions to 22-24 a game in the next 2 years

Reactions: 3 users
Our best player.
Was involved in a million plays.
Chase downs,
Helping in the backline
That's going to give him confidence he can play wing and play it well.

Reactions: 5 users
Is he an AFL player? Nobody saw that coming.
I wonder how many more on our list will follow the same path Jack? Amazing how persistence and hard work can help a player improve.

We are far too quick to write players off sometimes.

Ralphy may or not make it longer term but it is good to see him playing consistently well.

Reactions: 2 users
He was really good last night. He, McCaullife and Seth were the kids who played with the required intensity to be AFL players.

His physical confidence, like his performance, has gone through the roof. This kid's the same size as Dusty and starting to realise it.