Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Has been building since he came into the side and his running ability stood out last night. Looks like he is feeling comfortable playing at the level,

Last nights performance needs to become the benchmark though.

Reactions: 3 users
Was impressed with his game but we’ve seen glimpses before. Still not sold.

Reactions: 5 users
I thought he was good.
Can find the footy and is willing to back his run, something we desperately need.
Can still turn it over but must persist.

Reactions: 1 users
I like the kid. I hope they persist with him and work on the flaws cos the good stuff he brings is really good

Reactions: 6 users
The tiges currently badly need more gut runners,he's a must for us as it was obvious essendon got up and down the ground better.

Reactions: 3 users
Watched him go for some huge run downs on oppo that weren’t his to cover…. He’s starting to believe, and it’s good to watch

Reactions: 8 users
Been quietly maturing n growing his game, had a good n solid game last night n still got more to grow. Got crunched hard in the first half n I was a bit worried it might affect his game. Yeah Nah, picked himself up then shook n rattled the ribs back into place and simply kept working his arse off. I certainly enjoyed his game last night.

Been quietly maturing n growing his game, had a good n solid game last night n still got more to grow. Got crunched hard in the first half n I was a bit worried it might affect his game. Yeah Nah, picked himself up then shook n rattled the ribs back into place and simply kept working his arse off. I certainly enjoyed his game last night.
Yep. One thing I like is great speed and the ability to run in straight lines rather than stop and prop, creating massive issues for forwards. He is cleaning up his disposal and might well still make a good player. Big step forward last night. Needs to follow up consistently now.

People scoff at the 50 game marker but it always will be a indicator.

Hugo now on 38 games and development curve is going up. Will pass 50 early next year after another preseason.

He doesn't need to be a superstar but we need someone that can be a workhorse on the wing. I don't know say somelike a McIntosh

Reactions: 10 users
I must admit I didn't think he would make it as an AFL player but his trajectory this season is looking good. Hope he continues his good form and owns the wing spot for seasons to come.

Reactions: 2 users
I must admit I didn't think he would make it as an AFL player but his trajectory this season is looking good. Hope he continues his good form and owns the wing spot for seasons to come.
IN the early VFL games this year you could see his KPIs had changed from being a line breaker (who then turned it over) to instead looking for the short option then getting to the next contest. Good coaching.

Reactions: 8 users
That Guelfi prick should've been penalised for a free kick after bumping Hugo. We cop this when just touching oppo players.

Reactions: 4 users
IN the early VFL games this year you could see his KPIs had changed from being a line breaker (who then turned it over) to instead looking for the short option then getting to the next contest. Good coaching.

Correct. I think he knows his kicking isn't superstar like, so the focus has been changing the decisions he makes and therefore which kicks to go for. Running at 66% kicking efficiency this season which is in line with many others playing wing.

Reactions: 2 users
Good coaching by Yze to let him work on his weakness in the vfl and then give him the wing role.