Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
I’d bring in Miller and swing Balta around if Miller is getting his arse handed to him. Not flexible enough and is a bit of a spud.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Was All Aus full back in his draft year & kept King brothers quite in games , keep
Balta forward & throw him back ?

Reactions: 6 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
This could be the silver lining to the Gibcus injury. Kosi is clearly not a forward. Maybe Full Back is his go. We know what Miller brings (all the attributes but no aggression or desperation). I'm still not sold on Young as he doesn't look AFL level to me. If Kosi can demonstrate aerial strength in the contest and one-on-one ability to negate, he doesn't need to be the best mark going around.

The club should give him a couple of games at FB in the magoos to see what they have to work with. It's back or it's bust I'm afraid. No time like the present to start it, but please, no trialling this in the AFL, that's what the VFL is for. Let him show his wares there first.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
This could be the silver lining to the Gibcus injury. Kosi is clearly not a forward. Maybe Full Back is his go. We know what Miller brings (all the attributes but no aggression or desperation). I'm still not sold on Young as he doesn't look AFL level to me. If Kosi can demonstrate aerial strength in the contest and one-on-one ability to negate, he doesn't need to be the best mark going around.

The club should give him a couple of games at FB in the magoos to see what they have to work with. It's back or it's bust I'm afraid. No time like the present to start it, but please, no trialling this in the AFL, that's what the VFL is for. Let him show his wares there first.
Agree - personally I’d try Miller & Kosi as key backs at AFL level. Not convinced with Young anyway (terrible against Gold Coast) & Gibcus a terrible loss.

Need to persevere with Balta in an offensive role. Hence shift needed. Lefau can be back up key forward. El Nour to be taken in mid year draft as additional key back option.

Reactions: 1 users

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004

He was drafted as a KPD at Hawthorn. He failed there. Playing him as a forward was the lifeline that saved his career (or at least didn't end it). But then he started to flatline as a forward and that's how we got him for a coke and chips. I'm no great fan of Young and there is no harm in trying Koschitzke as a back (because we are stuck with him for like what 3 years?), but let's not pretend that it's not a long shot and hasn't already been tried.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Too early to write Kosi off as a dud when wh is still learning the Richmond game. We gave Kosi a home so lets try to get the best out of him. He was drafted as a defender but used as a forward and we got him as a forward but has enough height, speed and bulk to use in defence especially as we are up against it for defence and we are against Port next week

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If the best thing you can say about your full-forward is 'his opponent doesn't mark it', maybe he's your fullback and you just don't know it yet.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I’d bring in Miller and swing Balta around if Miller is getting his arse handed to him. Not flexible enough and is a bit of a spud.
Miller can play forward, back or ruck. There are certain problems but I wouldn't have thought flexibility was one.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Koschitzke was poor yesterday. He had some pretty good delivery coming in but doesn't have much finesse,
when it comes to leading or hanging on to a mark. Makes you appreciate just how good Jack was.
Lefau miles ahead.

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
This guy is definitely not a forward. You can see it a mile away. He doesnt have the ability, work rate, creativity or any x factor to make it as a forward.

He should be tried as a defender, to save his career.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Miller can play forward, back or ruck. There are certain problems but I wouldn't have thought flexibility was one.
Funky can play back and ruck As for playing forward he seems lost everytime

Reactions: 1 user