Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

Also watched him in the VFL. Tried hard but he really did look like a VFL player.
Time to step up Jacob.

Need to step up and show why you were given a THREE year deal. You don't have to kick three a week, but make the opposition accountable to help out structure.

Reactions: 1 users
Must admit to be a bit surprised the footy department has recalled him after watching the VFL. He was definitely creating a contest last weekend but having little overall impact. I honestly thought they’d go one of Naismith or Ryan ahead of him.
That said the reason we brought him to our club was as a backup key forward just in case Lynch broke down again & although unrelated in injury, this scenario is exactly what’s happened unfortunately.
This is Jacob’s change to show why we brought him to Richmond. Yze has put his faith in him here & is still analysing the list at his disposal as well.
Fingers crossed he can play his role. We sure need him to.

Reactions: 3 users
Not a disaster in and of itself but the Kosi trade looks to be another in an increasingly long line of sub-optimal list management decisions.

Lot of talk around here about our strength and conditioning of late but list management and drafting are far and away our biggest area of concern right now.

Not a disaster in and of itself but the Kosi trade looks to be another in an increasingly long line of sub-optimal list management decisions.

Lot of talk around here about our strength and conditioning of late but list management and drafting are far and away our biggest area of concern right now.
We effectively got him for free, and now we're seeing why we needed someone with senior experience and a mature body. I'd say we're not paying him much either.

Reactions: 5 users
We effectively got him for free, and now we're seeing why we needed someone with senior experience and a mature body. I'd say we're not paying him much either.
Agree he does come at minimal cost and does provide some degree over cover but I’m just not a fan of having two Ben Millers on the list. Or even one for that matter.

Has to come in. Naismith is a ruckman. He and Nank aren't viable targets as number 1 KF - too slow. Ryan isn't able to compete physically as the main forward. Structure dictates we have to have a key forward. Kosi is the only one we have left (which says something about how they rate him). But its an opportunity. Provide a target, bring the ball to ground and keep the full back accountable. Just do the best you can Kosi

Reactions: 3 users
Bit hard to build a cupboard with the finest silverware when the AFL rules give you recycled aluminium cans and rusty nails for being successful.
You need father sons or academy picks to buck that trend, or trade away established players.
We're meant to be on the way down. The question is, how far and for how long do we stay there.
We're no West Coast.

If you look at the success rate of the picks we've taken, I think we're doing OK, maybe slightly better than par. Not many match winners are found in 3rd rounders or rookies.

List management...Not too bad. Maybe a c minus. Losing Chol and CCJ has hurt structurally. Chasing our tail on key forwards since.
5 years to go, but Hopper might cost us.
Balance that with 5 picks inside 30 in 21, and a swag of opportunities this year. It's not all bad news. It's just our turn not to be great.

Reactions: 5 users
Bit hard to build a cupboard with the finest silverware when the AFL rules give you recycled aluminium cans and rusty nails for being successful.
You need father sons or academy picks to buck that trend, or trade away established players.
We're meant to be on the way down. The question is, how far and for how long do we stay there.
We're no West Coast.

If you look at the success rate of the picks we've taken, I think we're doing OK, maybe slightly better than par. Not many match winners are found in 3rd rounders or rookies.

List management...Not too bad. Maybe a c minus. Losing Chol and CCJ has hurt structurally. Chasing our tail on key forwards since.
5 years to go, but Hopper might cost us.
Balance that with 5 picks inside 30 in 21, and a swag of opportunities this year. It's not all bad news. It's just our turn not to be great.

Was Chol offered any real inducement to stay or another year on a low wage only.

My understanding is the we were trying to dump him and keep Coleman Jones, which many of us believed was the wrong choice.
Anyway C-J decided to go and so did Chol.
Over the Dimma period I believe recruitment has been very average, largely I suspect because they didn’t follow their brief and gave up their supposed autonomy (to Dimma).
To boot 22 was a Hail Mary which was again for Dimma and again, not in our long term interests.

Reactions: 1 users
Good chance for Jacob tomorrow as he most likely will be 2nd ruck as well. Goes okay when thrown in there & if he can get his hands on the ball gain some confidence.

Form doesn’t warrant a recall but just needs to make the most of the opportunity

Reactions: 2 users
Good chance for Jacob tomorrow as he most likely will be 2nd ruck as well. Goes okay when thrown in there & if he can get his hands on the ball gain some confidence.

Form doesn’t warrant a recall but just needs to make the most of the opportunity
Yep could be the making of him. He doesn't need to star, he just needs to get involved and make his presence felt and when he has an opportunity to kick a goal to take it.

Dunno what we thought he could do but he definitely can’t do any of it

• Haha
He should never play again.

He has no strength.

If a tall who can't run, bend over, use the ball, or tackle, also can't mark, kick, or even stay strong in a marking contest, then they are completely devoid of a reason to exist on a footy field.

How did this guy end up on an AFL list?

Twice?

• Wow
Capuano time. Would rather CCJ and Chol.

Looks like he doesn't want to be a footballer. Doesn't try.

Would rather Miller play as a relief ruck. Offered very little.

Reactions: 1 user