Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Someone said it in the match thread. Gibcus looks streets shead of Grainger-Barrass who was taken higher in an earlier draft.

Reactions: 4 users
Someone said it in the match thread. Gibcus looks streets shead of Grainger-Barrass who was taken higher in an earlier draft.
That was me. I wouldn’t swap the two. Just with his movement, he reminds me a little of Chad Cornes.

Reactions: 1 users
This kid will make up for Lennon, Ellis, Vickery and Collier Dawkins in one season.
The kid is a star(y)

Reactions: 2 users
He certainly has something and is part of our future but is he ready for real AFL footy Round 1? whatever the outcome he looked much more composed than Tarrant today

We have a player.
We have a Very Very Good player , But tat was never in doubt as he should have been selected by Gold Coast who stuffed up and we were the team that benefited.

250 game player if ever i have seen one.

Reactions: 5 users
It’s a dress rehearsal but it’s so impressive. He plays round 1.
Who makes way for Vlaustin? Not sure I'd be dropping Ralphsmith in a hurry and I can't see any of the other premiership defenders losing their spot.

Gibber's looking like he'll be a very tidy player for us when he's all grown up. Got lot's of game to like.

Gibcus is showing plenty early & there's lots of positives but is still finding the pace of the game a little.
I have no doubt he'll be a player & it's exciting but like with any young tall there will be some bumps along the way.

Who makes way for Vlaustin? Not sure I'd be dropping Ralphsmith in a hurry and I can't see any of the other premiership defenders losing their spot.

If Vlastuin is fit he walks back into the team. If.

Reactions: 4 users
The best thing about Gibcus is that he is super competitive and you can see he hates losing a contest. Combined with his footy ability, it's a recipe for success.

Reactions: 6 users
Gibcus is showing plenty early & there's lots of positives but is still finding the pace of the game a little.
I have no doubt he'll be a player & it's exciting but like with any young tall there will be some bumps along the way.

If Vlastuin is fit he walks back into the team. If.
Yeah. Very Encouraging but still a fair bit to learn/develop.

Reactions: 1 user
Bit of a difference between our defensive unit & Hawks though.

Yes and no. Our defence is in a bit of a state of transition. Astbury and Houli gone, Vlastuin out, Tarrant in. Still wouldn’t be the easiest proposition.

Yes and no. Our defence is in a bit of a state of transition. Astbury and Houli gone, Vlastuin out, Tarrant in. Still wouldn’t be the easiest proposition.
He still had quality around him in Taz/Broad/Short/Grimes compared to Granger who had Sicily.
Not to mention who he was up against compaired to Granger who had Lynch/Jack/Balta/Dusty to contend with.
Just abit unfair on Granger i think.

Reactions: 1 user
He still had quality around him in Taz/Broad/Short/Grimes compared to Granger who had Sicily.
Not to mention who he was up against compaired to Granger who had Lynch/Jack/Balta/Dusty to contend with.
Just abit unfair on Granger i think.

Probably true, from my perspective I meant it more as a compliment of Gibcus rather than a put down of DGB.