Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
I still havnt fully come to terms with Josh Gibcus.

He appears to be a generational defender that you build a side around.

And 7? Clubs let him through?

He looks AA composed and skilled and smart, before 10 games?

Omg
Not quite as bad as 17 clubs letting Shai slip too us.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Wouldn't think Gibcus is strong enough for Buddy, who loves the physical contact to put the defender off and then with his speed he is away

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Buddy will ragdoll him when waiting under the ball. Needs Tarrant when stationary and Gibcus/Grimes/Broad when he goes further up the ground. Heene and Paple will need just as much effort to keep quiet.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Still no RS nomination is the loudest and stinkiest farce this season.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

He's been a bit unlucky (he'd have a good game, but someone else would kick 5 goals or have 30 touches), but I can't believe he didn't get it for the Melbourne game. He was outstanding.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
in a funny way I enjoyed him most on Saturday, thought it was his best game.

that back 7 is leaving him alone 1 on 1, trusting him to do that. even if the oppo tries to expose him one out.

after what, less than ten games.

coming along spectacularly well, and I say that without hyperbole.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
his anticipation and timing of aerial contests is first class. expert reader of the flight and almost always in the correct position to apply a spoil. He'll start clunking them with ease with a bit more experience.

Reactions: 5 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Heard Garry Lyon highlight the non-nom this morning of both Josh and geelong's De Koning. .. both are tracking towards elite. De Koning has a 2 year start on our bloke, so we've got something to really look forward to.
Didn't realise Nathan Buckley was on the RS weekly nomination panel, so Lyon was at least alerting the right person.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hasn't been announced yet I think..... they'll probably give it to the 2 gamer at the blues for his body of work!

There's probably a few that kicked a few goals this week that probably get it ahead of Gibcus. I think Josh has just slid into the team seemlessly and not as flashy as some of the others, we just see things every game that may us go, wow we are onto a gun here.

Suspect either Jeffrey or Henry get it this week, but both Gibcus and De Koning should get their nominations and should be right up in discussions for the rookie of the year (but probably won't be).

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
A Cartoon supporter mate of mine was singing his praises yesterday, "gee you've got a good one there" was his comment.