Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Love his as a player. Smart, one touch footballer. But a midfielder he aint.

We got nothing out of him when he went into the midfield. I cant remember him actually winning the football.

Its half forward or half back for mine.

Reactions: 2 users
Another who we need to be getting his hands on the footy that has had a quiet start to the year.

Lack of impact by Bakes and Sheds is very evident.

Reactions: 1 users
Very poor start to the season by Bakes. Disappointing. But maybe being played out of position. Back to the backline I reckon.

Reactions: 1 user
Close to my biggest disappointment of the season. I thought he’d take another step. Role change in order? He’s not involved enough up forward.

He looks great when we were playing great handball footy going forward. When Shai dropped out of the game, so did Bakes. Reckon the 2 of them work so well in tandem with that forward handball game, but when Shais not running it through the middle and looking for that handball, he's just not getting involved enough.

It almost like us kicking it long, is completely bypassing him. He's not far enough forward to impact when the ball hits the ground and he's not close enough to the play to get that forward handball, it leaves him in no mans land when we aren't running the ball forward.

Reactions: 3 users
He looks great when we were playing great handball footy going forward. When Shai dropped out of the game, so did Bakes. Reckon the 2 of them work so well in tandem with that forward handball game, but when Shais not running it through the middle and looking for that handball, he's just not getting involved enough.

It almost like us kicking it long, is completely bypassing him. He's not far enough forward to impact when the ball hits the ground and he's not close enough to the play to get that forward handball, it leaves him in no mans land when we aren't running the ball forward.

Really well put, I think you’re onto something here Sir Toff.

Well said Posh. Saved me typing similar.

Reactions: 1 user
Dimma is stuffing around with him too much. One game he’s on the ball, next moment he’s up forward, then down back.

Ffs give him a consistent role.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with others. Needs to move back as he is the type of player that wants to get involved and cant play the crumbing fwd role as finds himself dragged towards the play where as others said then gets bypassed with a long kick. Problem now is can we play all of Short, Rioli and Baker in the backline?? The Rioli move may cost Bakes. Seems a frustrated player atm

Was one of the best back pockets in our successful years now we decided to move him makes no sense to me.

Rioli was pushed back so he could get a kick. Temptation is to swap him & Baker again.

Baker too small for midfield, but came to us as a small forward. Probably persevere for a bit longer yet.