Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Was one of the best back pockets in our successful years now we decided to move him makes no sense to me.
Yeah. I get the Rioli move as he was struggling but when a player is one of your best why you would want to reinvent him is beyond me. Very similar player to Caleb Daniel yet Doggies have left him in their backline where he excelled.

Reactions: 1 users
A couple of times Lynch seemed to be passing it to him in the forward line when he had another, taller, player on him. Very frustrating, why would you kick it to a contest when our player is giving up height? Not sure he was getting any favours today. Don't mind him forward but does appear to be better suited back. The problem is a lack of small forwards so I can see why he is being tried forward.

DS

A couple of times Lynch seemed to be passing it to him in the forward line when he had another, taller, player on him. Very frustrating, why would you kick it to a contest when our player is giving up height? Not sure he was getting any favours today. Don't mind him forward but does appear to be better suited back. The problem is a lack of small forwards so I can see why he is being tried forward.

DS
Someone like Higgins or Butler would have done the trick!

Reactions: 1 user

DS
Yes - likewise. However to bring Rioli back to the forward line, someone needs to go back.

Has had a pretty poor season, but I thought he worked his backside off tonight.

Has had a pretty poor season, but I thought he worked his backside off tonight.
Same. Was brave and had the hit the ground and bounce back up in 0.000000001 seconds mode activated.

Had a couple of critical outnumber wins as well. Unique footballer.

Had a couple of critical outnumber wins as well. Unique footballer.

This is a very interesting observation. I wonder if it is a metric tracked by anyone.

Any player who can deliver this to you even once a game has to be worth their weight in gold.

I think one of the problems we have had is to try and pass it to Baker when he has a player right on him, he is simply not tall enough for that. If he finds space he can mark but his best work is at ground level. Showed a fair bit tonight, I like him forward and he can go back if we need him to. As an opportunist and a defensive forward he can be very effective.

DS

I think one of the problems we have had is to try and pass it to Baker when he has a player right on him, he is simply not tall enough for that. If he finds space he can mark but his best work is at ground level. Showed a fair bit tonight, I like him forward and he can go back if we need him to. As an opportunist and a defensive forward he can be very effective.

DS
If Jake King could CHF why cant Liam Baker?

Get him behind the ball. IMO he is wasted up forward. We need skilled footballers being the ball forward of centre.