Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Get him behind the ball. IMO he is wasted up forward. We need skilled footballers being the ball forward of centre.
Spot on. Should never have been moved. Id be looking at moving Short higher up the ground and slotting Bakes into the backline. Can tell hes losing confidence with each game and lack of involvement. Starting to fumble when he never has

Reactions: 1 users
We whinge about Matt Parker's bungles. He has a lot. Because he gets there.

But we don't whinge about Liam Baker's bungles because he can't get near it for 100 minutes a game. And when he does he can't touch it.

Baker is improving to my eye. I had him a delist three weeks ago. And for a lot of last year. But he's had bursts for the past two games. Superconstructive bursts - taps set players to space. Little intercepts. Lively telling bursts. Snagging one from traffic.

He is routinely a liability when the ball is in the air and when the other side is on the break. We're a man down. So he's got to rip the game open when he gets near it.

He's beginning to do a little bit of that. Persevere IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
His confidence has been shot since the Brisbane game last year. Really struggling to hit targets and can't get near it for long periods of time. Often panicky. (IKR?)

I've come around from delist. Just this last couple of weeks.

The strength of Baker's game has always been ball use. He's getting that back. Persevere IMO. Two to four weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
The forward experiment has failed. It’s destroying him.
Move him back or to the guts.

Reactions: 4 users
I liked the idea of trying him forward of the ball, but he reads the ball so well coming into the defence and he just looks so accomplished back there. Was back to his best tonight.

Reactions: 3 users
Bakes was really good tonight. At his competitive best.
Defence is his go, but we know that he does have some traits where he can be run through the middle or in the forward in bursts or as needs required.
He seemed to be enjoying footy again tonight.

Reactions: 2 users
Just leave him in the backline. He looks so much better back there and so do we when he’s there.

Reactions: 4 users