Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

The reality is it wont be our choice. If Baker decides he wants to leave he will be traded where he wants to go. Unless its Essendon. I reckon we would let him walk before we accepted the future 6th rd pick Dodo (or his apprentice) would offer.

Reactions: 1 user

Attachments

• 1710993761562.jpeg
    1710993761562.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Courtesy of Lore on big footy
View attachment 22159
Shown this way, our draft hand is nowhere near as fancy as some would like to think. Obviously there's always the possibility of us trading some of our late junk picks for something of value to help clubs trying to protect their first rounder from Academy n F / S points requirements. We definitely need to have a Baker like trade to properly consolidate our draft position.

Reactions: 4 users
Shown this way, our draft hand is nowhere near as fancy as some would like to think. Obviously there's always the possibility of us trading some of our late junk picks for something of value to help clubs trying to protect their first rounder from Academy n F / S points requirements. We definitely need to have a Baker like trade to properly consolidate our draft position.
I mean, it doesn't look as good because like Taz said, it's not true & is missing an extra 2 3rd's and a 4th

That's not completely up to date post 2023 draft etc Draftguru have the updated list on their site.

Our current picks as of ladder after Rd 1 2024 are -

*smile* Lore sold me pup.
I’ll try to sort that out as it’s misleading. Apologies all.

We will definitely get there second round pick this year,which should be first pick in round 2
Pick 21
We also are looking at a second round pick next year as well
Nathan broad could be an Eagle next year as well
As I understand it both Baker and Broad will be out of contract free agents?
If both go maybe compensation picks after our first and second round picks?
Baker long contract and pretty big salary.
Broad 2 years at $500k?

Just saw Zippers post about being a vice captain. Can’t imagine that is right but yippee if it is.

Last edited:
Broad 2 years at $500k?

Just saw Zippers post about being a vice captain. Can’t imagine that is right but yippee if it is.
Wrong on both of them.
Baker is out of contact but not a free agent.
Broad is contracted for 2025

Reactions: 2 users
I think we ll do both

I mean, it doesn't look as good because like Taz said, it's not true & is missing an extra 2 3rd's and a 4th
Picks in the 40s, 50s, n 60s that's either rummaging around in the bargain basement bin or hopefully some points to pick trading for a club to protect themselves n select Academy or F / S players for junk picks.

Instructive that he’s thinking about leaving in the first place (if true)
Drafted as an afterthought. Played in a couple of premierships. After 7 or 8 years away from home playing at an interstate club, he's been elevated to a leadership role and would be on fairly decent coin. He's now perfectly poised to get traded back home on big ( but not elite ) coin to finish off his career, possibly with more chances to play finals ( Frockers ) before he's done.
Why in hell would he not think long and hard about the opportunity? Playing careers are rarely much over ten or twelve years he'd be crazy not to look around.

*smile* Lore sold me pup.
I’ll try to sort that out as it’s misleading. Apologies all.
Come on Willo. We expect that sort of stuff from you on the Race, Religion and Politics board, but not here in the footy board. :peepwall

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I am actually tipping Baker will stay.

He is a loyal bloke, and the Tigers gave him a chance when neither WA club would.

Yeah, so he bought a house in Perth recently. Good investment while he is earning serious money.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd be pleasantly surprised if we were offered 2 of WCE's second rounders (dont believe they have two at this point?) for nothing other than Baker. If that were offered we'd have to exchange picks you'd think?
2nd this year
And 2nd next year
Nathan broad good chance to
Be included in this deal

Broad 2 years at $500k?

Baker not a free agent
Broad contracted to 2025

2nd this year
And 2nd next year
Nathan broad good chance to
Be included in this deal
A second or future 2nd sounds ok for Broad. But if any of you want to swap Baker for a similar figure, then you are batshit crazy.
I don’t know if he has any long term interest in either of the WA clubs, but certainly Freo would appeal more in terms of possible soon to immediate future success.

They have three first rounders this year and 5-6 recently recruited first rounders with tall mid Young, from Melbourne, one of a few with considerable improvement already shown.

Can see why Baker might like to go but if he stays he is the stand out to become our next skipper. He is worth a lot more than a second rounder.