Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Thanks for clearing that matter up.
But have to say imo two seconds for Baker even if they come from West Coast over two season’s, is not enough. It would be underselling. (We are talking here about our probable next captain).

Bakes and our first for West Coast’s first this year, or for a player like Young or Serong from Freo, (who may be looking to come home) might also be a reasonable starting point.

If they want to go and we have an ability to keep them as here, don’t think we should be under’s, as I believe we were last year with Soldo and others before him.

We need to lose what must now be our reputation as, ‘too easy’.
If we both finished bottom 5,which looks a certainty, no way would I trade pick 5 for Baker and 1,I would consider that robbery.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
At the game, at 1/4 time did a fan comp rolling 2 big 'NIB' branded footballs from the 50 to the goal line.

I believe they were modeled on Bake's nuts, only slightly smaller.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Still think Bakes is best as a rebounder defender but played his heart out forward / mid today and made use of his chances to pull us back into the game at three quarter time. Don't even think of trading him!

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
absolutely. Bakes is not worth a first rounder, unless you gave back a second rounder.

Why not? For someone like West Coast to entice him to move back to Perth, they will offer him something like $750-$800k for 5 or 6 years. That's $4 million+. Potentially more as players are getting a 12.6% pay rise next year with the new TV rights deal starting.

If West Coast believe he is worth that much, then his value on the trade market increases. mid-first rounder for mine.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Why not? For someone like West Coast to entice him to move back to Perth, they will offer him something like $750-$800k for 5 or 6 years. That's $4 million+. Potentially more as players are getting a 12.6% pay rise next year with the new TV rights deal starting.

If West Coast believe he is worth that much, then his value on the trade market increases. mid-first rounder for mine.

If we can get that, so much the better!!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Top 10 pick - Thank you Liam enjoy WA and good luck
10- 15 not really happy but it is what it is
15+ KEEP THE MAN

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Be a shame if he goes, I remember Nathan Buckley talking about him on radio and I thought he summed it up nicely .

He always looks like he is trying harder than everyone else on the ground.

Reactions: 2 users