Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

A second or future 2nd sounds ok for Broad. But if any of you want to swap Baker for a similar figure, then you are batshit crazy.
I don’t know if he has any long term interest in either of the WA clubs, but certainly Freo would appeal more in terms of possible soon to immediate future success.

They have three first rounders this year and 5-6 recently recruited first rounders with tall mid Young, from Melbourne, one of a few with considerable improvement already shown.

Can see why Baker might like to go but if he stays he is the stand out to become our next skipper. He is worth a lot more than a second rounder.
Thinking that the initial comment on trading Bakes was the possibility of Wet Cokes second draft pick this year and next year being quite valuable as both would be very early second round picks. Better than a single late first rounder from the Frockers this year.

Thinking that the initial comment on trading Bakes was the possibility of Wet Cokes second draft pick this year and next year being quite valuable as both would be very early second round picks. Better than a single late first rounder from the Frockers this year.

Yeah i think 2 very early 2nd round picks are good value for Bakes, even if we gave them a 3rd back (Freos). These next 2 drafts are massive for us and whilst I love Bakes, his best position is 1 where we have lots of talent, including young talent that will need games.

As Brodders said, I doubt we will outwardly tout him around, but if he decides to leave then its probably a bit of a win win scenario for us.

Baker quote from 2022 prior to signing for 2 years.

"When I first moved from Perth to the bush it was a bit of a step up, but then moving to Melbourne was another much bigger step up. I miss it a fair bit. It's just part of playing footy, I guess. It is hard to get back there during the year, but I make up for it in the off-season, which is good," Baker said.

"The plan is to eventually move back. The more I've been in the city, the more I've realised how much I love it out in the bush. I love the peace and quiet. Growing up and having a family there in the future really excites me and working with Dad for hopefully many years to come."

Reactions: 5 users

Thanks for clearing that matter up.
But have to say imo two seconds for Baker even if they come from West Coast over two season’s, is not enough. It would be underselling. (We are talking here about our probable next captain).

Bakes and our first for West Coast’s first this year, or for a player like Young or Serong from Freo, (who may be looking to come home) might also be a reasonable starting point.

If they want to go and we have an ability to keep them as here, don’t think we should be under’s, as I believe we were last year with Soldo and others before him.

We need to lose what must now be our reputation as, ‘too easy’.

Last edited:
A second or future 2nd sounds ok for Broad. But if any of you want to swap Baker for a similar figure, then you are batshit crazy.
I don’t know if he has any long term interest in either of the WA clubs, but certainly Freo would appeal more in terms of possible soon to immediate future success.

They have three first rounders this year and 5-6 recently recruited first rounders with tall mid Young, from Melbourne, one of a few with considerable improvement already shown.

Can see why Baker might like to go but if he stays he is the stand out to become our next skipper. He is worth a lot more than a second rounder.
If Eagles win wooden spoon this year
There second round pick will be
The first pick on day2 that pick is worth gold
Especially if a player slides through from the first round

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah i think 2 very early 2nd round picks are good value for Bakes, even if we gave them a 3rd back (Freos). These next 2 drafts are massive for us and whilst I love Bakes, his best position is 1 where we have lots of talent, including young talent that will need games.

As Brodders said, I doubt we will outwardly tout him around, but if he decides to leave then its probably a bit of a win win scenario for us.

absolutely. Bakes is not worth a first rounder, unless you gave back a second rounder.

Just shows how much Collingwood overpaid for *smile*, a future 1st rounder plus pick 34

By any measure Baker is a superior player to *smile*

Reactions: 2 users
How did S c h u l t z become a swear word and get shown as *smile* ?
Think it goes back to very early days when blokes like Yowie S c h u l t z n Krakattack used to cop an absolute flogging on here. Things got changed somewhere in the background n their names plus some of the obvious bastardisations of their names now just automatically come up swear filtered.

I've posted this a million times but no response from the mods. All to do with rosy not liking something years ago....who knows.
Hahaha that’s funny. Wonder what it could’ve been

Stick that in your Schult z, maggots

We all love Bakes but can see he is the one most likely to get us great trade value without hurting us too deeply. He's a terrific little player but his best position is small mopping back, a role currently filled by a premiership best and fairest. He's not a true midfielder. He's not a great forward. He has his moments as both, but he's not a top-liner at either. As much as someone like he can be, he's kind of expendable. And I say that with all love.
Brilliantly said. If he stays, fantastic. But at the right price. We can't give him top dollar, the market will pay more.