Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
What do you mean 'you can't blame Baker?'
Heaps of people turn down money because the environment they are currently in, ask Riewoldt, ask Dusty ask Richo.
If it wasn't for us, Baker would be milking Cows.
He owes us. Either he stays or he makes sure he picks a club that compensated us.
I think we were lucky to nab him where we did via the rookie draft. And a big tick to our recruiters. Strongly doubt he would not have been picked up by another club a year later. Remember McRae saying he didn’t expect to see him back at VFL level after he debuted for us in the seniors. Remember him saying early on that he would always go home at some stage. Gives us everything every time he takes the field. Unlike the Stringers of the World. The money difference may be substantial. Richo and Jack or Dusty never had the go home factor and the fact that the “Band” has broken up significantly already with some of our recent retirees, with others maybe to follow, just adds to the considerations of the player. Strongly doubt he would leave without consideration to the Club being fair. He might stay. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Once you've proven yourself (or not) at Bakes age, it is completely irrelevant where they were drafted.

It is what he is worth to us now that matters. Not where taken.
That wasn't the point of course. It is the bleedingly obvious that Bakes would be valued at his age and output not related to him being a rookie originally.

There are a lot of people who rabbit on about wasted draft picks. I was simply making the point that there is another side to draft and trade transactions that offset that where we come out ahead .

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I know a guy who was a lawyer his name is Ian Sue. his email address was i.sue@
Some Indians picked up the name of the profession their ancestors worked as. There are Indians called engineer or merchant for instance.
I worked with a guy in India whose name was Vikram Doctor. His father was a doctor so he was Doctor Doctor.
Always brought thoughts of Hewy Lewis and the song.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Some Indians picked up the name of the profession their ancestors worked as. There are Indians called engineer or merchant for instance.
I worked with a guy in India whose name was Vikram Doctor. His father was a doctor so he was Doctor Doctor.
Always brought thoughts of Hewy Lewis and the song.
Doctor Doctor was The Thompson Twins.

• Haha

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Actually it is the Robert Palmer song I meant. “ Doctor doctor give me the news , bad case of loving you”
or Easybeats
“Doctor, doctor my baby's sick
(Come and see her, come and see her)
Doctor, doctor you'd better come quick
(Come and see her, come and see her)”

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He owes us. Either he stays or he makes sure he picks a club that compensated us.
Shocking take. Players aren't property.

He is going home. It's a common occurrence.

Can't walk away without a trade. We will get value.

But owes us nothing.

Reactions: 11 users