Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Richmond sign 208cm, 114kg basketballer Oliver Hayes-Brown as a Category B rookie​

The former basketballer joins the AFL after two years at the Perth Wildcats.
Ben Sutton / Updated 1 hour ago

AFL powerhouse Richmond have signed former basketballer Oliver Hayes-Brown as a Category B rookie.
Hayes-Brown, who stands at an imposing 208cm and tips the scales at 114kg, spent two years at the Perth Wildcats in the NBL where he was mostly a development player.
He has played a total of 13 NBL games, but hasn’t seen much game time.

Analysis, local footy and the biggest moments, Seven and 7plus are the home of footy shows for every fan. Stream them all for free on 7plus >>
The 23-year-old has also been playing for the Keilor Thunder in the 2023 NBL1 South season where he is averaging 15 points and eight rebounds a game.
7NEWS reporter Mitch Cleary revealed Richmond will be taking a punt on the untried prospect.

Reactions: 2 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
In: Haynes-Brown
Out: Bradtke

One basketballer in for another basketballer.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
It’s a punt, but that’s what Cat B rookies are all about. Happy that we’re thinking outside the box.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Richmond sign 208cm, 114kg basketballer Oliver Hayes-Brown as a Category B rookie​

The former basketballer joins the AFL after two years at the Perth Wildcats.
Ben Sutton / Updated 1 hour ago

AFL powerhouse Richmond have signed former basketballer Oliver Hayes-Brown as a Category B rookie.
Hayes-Brown, who stands at an imposing 208cm and tips the scales at 114kg, spent two years at the Perth Wildcats in the NBL where he was mostly a development player.
He has played a total of 13 NBL games, but hasn’t seen much game time.

Analysis, local footy and the biggest moments, Seven and 7plus are the home of footy shows for every fan. Stream them all for free on 7plus >>
The 23-year-old has also been playing for the Keilor Thunder in the 2023 NBL1 South season where he is averaging 15 points and eight rebounds a game.
7NEWS reporter Mitch Cleary revealed Richmond will be taking a punt on the untried prospect.
This is the mystery train-on player I reported training with the main group late in season that i under-reported as Nank size😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Just get him to belt the ball 20 metres forward, Clark Keating style

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I like this kid. Not quite athletic enough for top tier basketball but is mobile, competitive and aggressive in the air. He ain’t Colina that’s for sure. He may just make it.

Reactions: 2 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Love this pick.
Know nothing but low risk high reward gamble and the fact he has been in WA suggests our WA arm has been involved.
Love this arm.

Reactions: 5 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Hopefully our luck will change with recruiting hyphenated names with this Giant. JON, RCD and Egg didn't do so well. Any others?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
No Aussie Rules experience? Change for Colina surely as we can't keep 2 basketballers in the team. Is this our Wylie Buzza?