Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

SCOOP said:
I’ve been down with Bash since Day 1. But his beard isn’t getting any shorter. Need a replacement.

Need a weapon like Wilson & Williams coming through the ranks.
I see Markov as his replacement at this point, he was in the side at round 23 and the only reason he went out was Caddy coming back and Towner kicking 11 in 2 weeks. Smokey towards the end of next year might be Smith, in saying that Houli is pretty much in career best form, looks after himself well so should have a couple left in the beard

CC TIGER said:
I see Markov as his replacement at this point, he was in the side at round 23 and the only reason he went out was Caddy coming back and Towner kicking 11 in 2 weeks. Smokey towards the end of next year might be Smith, in saying that Houli is pretty much in career best form, looks after himself well so should have a couple left in the beard

So the moustache comes after the beard?

there was also conca early in the premiership season (thats still fun to say) providing drive from hbf.
agree though about having multiple options and attacking options.
for us its still Houli and bellis, with conca and markov as next in line.
would love to have a weapon like gws had with wilson and picket.

I hope Baker can be the best ever Liam to pull on Richmond jumper. Should not be too hard.

rokkafella said:
From what little I watched of the VFL, I thought he was really classy with the ball.
Really a natural footballer. Reminds me a lot of a smaller Sam Mitchell. Smart with the ball and dual sided. Great game. Was in my best.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
He was a busy little midget on the weekend. Size a concern but he has time to work on that.

How tall do you think he'll get once he's worked on it?

Agree with others, looks a tough hard natural footballer, will he have the tools to be an AFL 100 gamer ? Time will tell but looks a good pick 18 in the rookie draft.

This kid is Tiny

Might be a good player but just didnt make sense with all the smalls we have on our list, Should have gone for either a KPP or a Big Inside mid

turk-d-tiger said:
This kid is Tiny

Might be a good player but just didnt make sense with all the smalls we have on our list, Should have gone for either a KPP or a Big Inside mid

Slightly taller than Stengle, an inch or so shorter than Bolton and Prestia. You have to be a damn good player to make it being that small and odds are against him. But then that's why he was a rookie pick.

tigerlove said:
Slightly taller than Stengle, an inch or so shorter than Bolton and Prestia. You have to be a damn good player to make it being that small and odds are against him. But then that's why he was a rookie pick.

Our head recruiter Matty Clarke said that Baker was clearly the best player available at our pick so we chose him.
Rightly or wrongly, that was their firm belief and chose best available over needs.
Looking at it a different way, we stockpile smalls, win a premiership built on midgets, create a market where they are templates to a winning formulae and sell our unwanted stocks at an absolute premium.
Sounds like a cunning plan my Lord.