Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Stuffen end the farce Dimma u knob
Nah Edwards is burning the track.
Dusty now has a free pass for the next 5 yrs to train part time.
There's no favours in footy, we should be top 2 today. If the list management team didn't *smile* up last yrs 5 picks. We didn't need 5 brand new kids.
We needed a extra midfielder, they didn't have to use pick 8 or 19 but pick 27 or 29 wouldve got us a ready made mid that could give Prestia a chop out.
They brought in Tarrant, so why not go the whole way and use picks to get us another flag and post this side the best ever in the modern era. 4 out 6.
Hard decisions they asked Houli to walk why not Edwards?
I'm spewing because whoever wins this year's flag it will always burn me that it should've been us. Similar to 18

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
There's no favours in footy, we should be top 2 today. If the list management team didn't *smile* up last yrs 5 picks. We didn't need 5 brand new kids.
We needed a extra midfielder, they didn't have to use pick 8 or 19 but pick 27 or 29 wouldve got us a ready made mid that could give Prestia a chop out.
They brought in Tarrant, so why not go the whole way and use picks to get us another flag and post this side the best ever in the modern era. 4 out 6.
I'm spewing because whoever wins this year's flag it will always burn me that it should've been us. Similar to 18
2018 we were 18 W & 4 L in the season. Kissed on the proverbial with hardly an injury. . Just peaked too early. That was the one that got away. 2022? I had us finishing 6~10, not quite good enough to win the close ones against top 4 sides. At the start of the year Dimma had a full list and thought he could challenge for a flag rather than rebuild. Hence an uninjured Edwards plays. I can live with it. At least he'll be a 300 gamer. Houli a forced retirement & Astbury retired so they went for low cost Tarrant. Edwards, Cotch were contracted. Can't delist them. Rioli has been good on HBF. Chol/CJ moved clubs so Balta plays up there. Caddy retires and they get Bauer. Not bad from the list management.

Trade in an extra midfielder? Cerra too expensive. Dunstan ~ not worth it. Dow had shown a bit last year. I thought RCD might step up but Ross has been good enough. Prestia is only out for 2 weeks, he'll be back. Short, Baker & Bolton are OK midfielder depth. Rioli JNR has been amazing. Balta hasn';t been great but Gibcus is having a great season. Which I also thought a wrong pick. I didn't realise Lambert was so injured, he's barely available and maybe could've been retired. Cotch was below average last year but actually improved this year. We needed Dusty back to his normal self to have any chance. A 85% Dusty is not enough to win us a flag.
But no Noah this week. Hopefully stack gets a game ahead of arts and George

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Interesting type. Very small marking forward. Even the big ones need ground game. At AFL level he will certainly need that.

Just two years since a big knee. He can be very rugged. Not silky but shrewd. Can't be far off.

Only six or so weeks ago Cumberland got a shot on goal because the ball fell out of Sydney's hands into his. Is it still falling out of Sydney's hands?
Not mine!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
2018 we were 18 W & 4 L in the season. Kissed on the proverbial with hardly an injury. . Just peaked too early. That was the one that got away. 2022? I had us finishing 6~10, not quite good enough to win the close ones against top 4 sides. At the start of the year Dimma had a full list and thought he could challenge for a flag rather than rebuild. Hence an uninjured Edwards plays. I can live with it. At least he'll be a 300 gamer. Houli a forced retirement & Astbury retired so they went for low cost Tarrant. Edwards, Cotch were contracted. Can't delist them. Rioli has been good on HBF. Chol/CJ moved clubs so Balta plays up there. Caddy retires and they get Bauer. Not bad from the list management.

Trade in an extra midfielder? Cerra too expensive. Dunstan ~ not worth it. Dow had shown a bit last year. I thought RCD might step up but Ross has been good enough. Prestia is only out for 2 weeks, he'll be back. Short, Baker & Bolton are OK midfielder depth. Rioli JNR has been amazing. Balta hasn';t been great but Gibcus is having a great season. Which I also thought a wrong pick. I didn't realise Lambert was so injured, he's barely available and maybe could've been retired. Cotch was below average last year but actually improved this year. We needed Dusty back to his normal self to have any chance. A 85% Dusty is not enough to win us a flag.
But no Noah this week. Hopefully stack gets a game ahead of arts and George
7/10
They knew Collier Dawkins was miles away and Dow still young

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Realistically barring a miracle our premiership window is closed. The club hedged their bets by getting Tarrant and hoping for that miracle but absolutely everything would have to go right. They had very little room in the salary cap so couldn't afford Cerra and they decided to invest in kids for another tilt at the flag in a few years. In fairness the drop in form of Edwards has surprised everyone. A lot of of people were saying last year they thought he could play well into his late thirties and nobody doubted that. Unfortunately Houli had a history of soft tissue injuries and was playing less each year so you could see why they gave him a tap on the shoulder. I have no issues with what the club is doing and like everyone else I am hoping for that miracle this year. Now if you aren't happy I am sure Norf would love such a stellar supporter as yourself Zig and then you will really have something to whine about.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I went to the Roar Store and ran into him. Lifted a guernsey off the shelf and walked out without paying. Sack him imo.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Realistically barring a miracle our premiership window is closed. The club hedged their bets by getting Tarrant and hoping for that miracle but absolutely everything would have to go right. They had very little room in the salary cap so couldn't afford Cerra and they decided to invest in kids for another tilt at the flag in a few years. In fairness the drop in form of Edwards has surprised everyone. A lot of of people were saying last year they thought he could play well into his late thirties and nobody doubted that. Unfortunately Houli had a history of soft tissue injuries and was playing less each year so you could see why they gave him a tap on the shoulder. I have no issues with what the club is doing and like everyone else I am hoping for that miracle this year. Now if you aren't happy I am sure Norf would love such a stellar supporter as yourself Zig and then you will really have something to whine about.
our premiership window ISN'T closed just yet
strap yourself in
Bulldogs , Lions , Cats are all beatable
Freo - we'll know in a couple of weeks
Blues - they are a constantly improving side , unbeatable - NO
Pies - ditto

Demons - are the benchmark , but lose 1 of May or Lever and they are beatable

in '97 Saints were warm fav's , from the prelim they lose Spider Everit and Stewie Lowe the inform ruck and CHF of the comp ... yep they lost
2008 Cats hot favs , were a class above the rest , Hawks got and didn't it hurt their pride , stung for years
1999 Ess , red hot favs , got beaten by 1 point in a prelim
2001 Ess , favs , but not red hot , beaten by the Lions
us 2018 2 games clear at the end of home and away

AFL/VFL history is littered with favs and red hot favs that don't win the flag

we just need the Demons to have another team dinner during the finals :)
we CAN beat everyone else

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reckon it was harsh to debut him as the sub then not give him a taste when he's been good in the vfl.

Reactions: 8 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
From what I have seen of the VFL Noah doesn’t appear to be defensively lazy. Lays some big tackles.
But unlike George Noah actually hits the score board

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I'm quite disappointed that he still doesn't get his chance; would have thought this game was perfect to provide him with a full game to see what he can bring. Like Go29, I'm not sure he is that lacking in defensive efforts.

Instead we have gone back to Jake Aarts whom I know is tough, versatile and gives it his all. However, we all know he is that perfect example of the quality VFL player who just lacks the size and weight, yard of pace or higher skill level required to succeed long-term at AFL level. It's not like taking a step forward at all.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
our premiership window ISN'T closed just yet
strap yourself in
Bulldogs , Lions , Cats are all beatable
Freo - we'll know in a couple of weeks
Blues - they are a constantly improving side , unbeatable - NO
Pies - ditto

Demons - are the benchmark , but lose 1 of May or Lever and they are beatable

in '97 Saints were warm fav's , from the prelim they lose Spider Everit and Stewie Lowe the inform ruck and CHF of the comp ... yep they lost
2008 Cats hot favs , were a class above the rest , Hawks got and didn't it hurt their pride , stung for years
1999 Ess , red hot favs , got beaten by 1 point in a prelim
2001 Ess , favs , but not red hot , beaten by the Lions
us 2018 2 games clear at the end of home and away

AFL/VFL history is littered with favs and red hot favs that don't win the flag

we just need the Demons to have another team dinner during the finals :)
we CAN beat everyone else
Replying to you at the end of the train from Tora and TT's good posts. Clearly 'our premiership window ISN'T closed just yet'!! I agree we are still quite in it. Just consider the terrible lapses against the Bloos and Swans in Q4, allowing them to get back on top when 4/5 goals up. And then, should have beaten the Thugs after shocking Q1, fighting back to a 3 goal lead (so a 50 pt turnaround!) to be pipped on the post with our best mid down and failing to select a runner for sub.

However, giving the club must have possessed the vital info on the physical condition of players such as Lambert, Dusty and Edwards, it just seems rather disappointing we didn't do more to boost our main area of weakness/risk/doubt - in the midfield rotations. Yes, probably because they were expecting our youngsters to step up, and only Ross looks at likely to at present. Maybe they were hoping to obtain Hobbs in the draft by sheer luck after Gibcus first pick, and Cerra too was definitely too costly.

But if we had have grabbed an under-valued mid on offer going much cheaper - Lipinski, Brodie, even Hewitt (not sure what he cost Cartoon though)- it just might have made all the difference to our situation ... and maybe those narrow losses.

Anyway, as the saying goes, the wisdom of hindsight is a wonderful thing.