Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

About *smile* time
Now let’s see if they give Cumbo a block of games and treat him like everyone else
So let's see. Replayed a couple of decent halves at VFL level. Then he got a game. Shock horror.
All up to him, as it always has been.

Reactions: 1 user
Sub. 3 touches.
All posters are up in arms. He didnt get enough game time! No he's still in his head! Argh! Argh! Farce! Fake!

Sub. 3 touches.
All posters are up in arms. He didnt get enough game time! No he's still in his head! Argh! Argh! Farce! Fake!

Yeah I can see this.

"Why have him in the 1's if he's sub, may as well have played VFL"

Reactions: 2 users
So let's see. Replayed a couple of decent halves at VFL level. Then he got a game. Shock horror.
All up to him, as it always has been.
It’s more than some others have done being gifted games in the big league without being dropped for their poor form

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Option 1: Cumbo plays a full-game. Goes Boonta; Kicks 6 and we win!
Option 2: Cumbo starts as sub; but is injected into the game tactically and plays a significant role in the win as an energizer bunny tackling machine.
Option 3: Cumbo plays like poo and we lose.

It’s more than some others have done being gifted games in the big league without being dropped for their poor form
This is a line you've trotted out a lot. Still haven't seen real evidence there's favouritism at play.

Reactions: 2 users
Option 2: Cumbo starts as sub; but is injected into the game tactically and plays a significant role in the win as an energizer bunny tackling machine.
Option 3 doesnt exist... we aint gunna lose!

This is a line you've trotted out a lot. Still haven't seen real evidence there's favouritism at play.

You serious? Banks, Lefau in his first 3 games, Mansell, Campbell and even Junior who didn't have any decent form in the preseason to warrant being picked in the senior side. Lefau to his credit has stepped it up and is playing a lone hand in the forward line and is showing a bit.

Junior last week was not good v Freo but in the previous 3 games, he was quite good. Mansell and Campbell have been dog average for the previous 4 and 6 games respectively but still find themselves in the side.

Last edited:
  • Love

Mansell and Cumberland - The new Krakouer Brothers
You serious? Banks, Lefau in his first 3 games, Mansell, Campbell and even Junior who didn't have any decent form in the preseason to warrant being picked in the senior side. Lefau to his credit has stepped it up and is playing a lone hand in the forward line and is showing a bit.

Junior last week was not good v Freo but in the previous 3 games, he was quite good. Mansell and Campbell have been dog average for the previous 4 and 6 games respectively but still find themselves in the side.
You forgot Kosi had barely touched it in VFL before picked. Not arguing against the selection, just pointing it out

Reactions: 1 users

I really don't understand how people who follow footy closely enough to post on a footy forum can fail to understand that coaches will be giving players instructions and will reward those who follow those instructions, or at least try to, and won't reward those who don't.

Now obviously most of us don't know what these instructions are, but I think it is reasonable to assume they more heavily influence selection than coaches playing favourites, or Tim Livingstone being an evil overlord.

Reactions: 9 users

Cumbo was tearing it up in pre-season? I missed that

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hope he’s given a decent go and It’s all upto Cumbo to perform

I really don't understand how people who follow footy closely enough to post on a footy forum can fail to understand that coaches will be giving players instructions and will reward those who follow those instructions, or at least try to, and won't reward those who don't.

Now obviously most of us don't know what these instructions are, but I think it is reasonable to assume they more heavily influence selection than coaches playing favourites, or Tim Livingstone being an evil overlord.
So the instructions under coach number 3 are the same
Mansell just chase backsides all day don’t worry about kicking goals leave that to others
How’s that worked out for us?