Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Not a bad effort although looked a little out of his depth at times. Still better than George. Mind you Cotch played a better game today than George and he wasn't even playing

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Have him in front of Edwards, Castanga and Aarts.

Reactions: 3 users
Needs to keep playing, with confidence he might show more.

Now Lynch is out and likely Nank and Soldo for a dew weeks he surely gets a run at it.

Reactions: 2 users
First game….2 goals.

Well done Noah!

Should be a good addition to our forward line.

Reactions: 1 user
Mitch Morton vibes.

Should benefit from mindfulness, he's still young.

Has to keep playing. I’m playing him as the deepest forward as he knows how to kick a goal and play tall.

Has to keep playing. I’m playing him as the deepest forward as he knows how to kick a goal and play tall.
He played tall and was soundly beaten in every tall contest by a real tall.
Reckon he gets found out against teams with a backline

Reckon he saved two goals with pressure and set up two goals.
agree. Our players need to kick to ball away from him, use his pace to get it. last 3 weeks, his opponent were taller and bigger body, gets outmarked when his parked underneath. Come on players, kick to space, let his pace win.

Wow Cunberland kicked some goals but Maurice worked his anus off up and down applying pressure. Barely had support in doing so from Cumberland, George, Aarts etc
There is no doubt that MRJs elite skill is his defensive pressure. He had a team high 27. Aarts had a respectable 16, Castagna 11 and Cumberland 9 which are probably on the lower side of what you'd expect. But as some stage you have to ask what a player brings from an attacking point of view. This is very important because if you present no danger your opponent will run off you as much as they can. I watched MRJ a bit. He has a bit of bulk but seems to get pushed off the ball a lot and struggle to break free from the pressure of others. Definitely doesn't get into the best crumbing spots. Early days but he just doesn't seem to have the awareness and skill and appears to have no leap you often get from these pocket-rockets. I'm just not sure, but as I said early days. I think ideally he needs VFL time to get a lot more consistency and work on a better balance between attack and defensively mindset.

Reactions: 1 users
Mitch Morton vibes.

Should benefit from mindfulness, he's still young.
Flag winning Morton?
I've wanted to have a look a Noah C at AFL level. Not a perfect debut but a lot to work with. Out of contract this year, Personally I'd play him all year but I the selectors don't rate him over Aarts and Grorge and MRJ. He's probably out the door at years end.

He played tall and was soundly beaten in every tall contest by a real tall.
Reckon he gets found out against teams with a backline
With only Riewoldt as the only tall marking option in the forward line Cumberland copped the tall defender