Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
couple of sharp goal assists to bolton and prestia
Yes. It's his modus operandi, fwd smarts and hard work, whether he kicks the goal or a teamate. Instant Tiger star. I understand history says he'll have ups and downs, but right now, amazing form.

Reactions: 7 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Loving watching footy and he is a huge reason why. Lazer Beam is a smart little bugger.

Is it at all possible that one day Cumberland could fill Kane Lambert's dynamic role.
I know it's a big ask/call, for there is just so much respect for what Lambert brought to the three premiership teams, but the more I see of Cumberland the more I reckon he might have a few tricks in his bag and with time he might just be able to step up to a more prominent role in the engine room.
That said, he has been a breath of fresh air in the forward line and even if he continues to kick two or three goals when having low possession games, that's okay with me.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Is it at all possible that one day Cumberland could fill Kane Lambert's dynamic role.
I know it's a big ask/call, for there is just so much respect for what Lambert brought to the three premiership teams, but the more I see of Cumberland the more I reckon he might have a few tricks in his bag and with time he might just be able to step up to a more prominent role in the engine room.
That said, he has been a breath of fresh air in the forward line and even if he continues to kick two or three goals when having low possession games, that's okay with me.
Was thinking the same. He's just so sharp with both decision making and action. Few passages of play when he went upfield and set up team mates by hand I thought maybe he's more versatile than I originally thought. We have a player here and hopefully he gets stronger and fitter with some more pre seasons.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Maybe, I would think he would need a bigger tank but his disposal and ability to anticipate where the ball is about to go is reminiscent of Lambo. But Lambo ran around all day which is not the easiest thing to do at AFL level.

Worth investigating, would mean a hell of a fitness regime but the foundation is there.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Absolute offensive weapon. Has transformed our forward line.
Makes it virtually impossible to double team Lynch who's also benefiting from largely being one out.
His lateral movement & breakneck acceleration is actually ridiculous.
Like a gift from the footy gods at exactly the right time.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Maybe, I would think he would need a bigger tank but his disposal and ability to anticipate where the ball is about to go is reminiscent of Lambo. But Lambo ran around all day which is not the easiest thing to do at AFL level.

Worth investigating, would mean a hell of a fitness regime but the foundation is there.

DS
And his hip fell off prematurely

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Given our forward line a completely different look ,

And being a genuine goal kicker , probably takes a bit of heat off an ageing jack to produce goals as an added bonus

Reactions: 7 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Have we got a nickname for him yet?
Not sure, but I'd love it if they started calling him Roy...for 2 reasons.
1. Roy Hobbs (Robert Redford) in the movie the Natural.
2. After the late great Andrew "Roy" Symonds. He's kind of got Andrew Symonds characteristics. Queenslander, Laconic, makes things happen, excitement machine, freak.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has made us better.

Has got a lot of strings to his bow, a good kick, is ok overhead, has elite pace and agility and always gets to the right spots.

• Love