Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Cumberland doesn't ride a Harley on the ground
Does Charlie ride a Harley on game days??
The way he goes about wringing the neck out of the throttle I thought he was riding a Vespa n trying to win a traffic light drag in peak hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Does Charlie ride a Harley on game days??
The way he goes about wringing the neck out of the throttle I thought he was riding a Vespa n trying to win a traffic light drag in peak hour.
The throttle in each hand makes me think what the hell is he riding ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Yeah its fantastic seeing posts on Insta like that for Cumbo. Meanwhile, Stacky would do his usualy of sitting around the pool. Just 2 completely different attitudes and why 1 is on our list and why the other isn't.
The comparison is odious. You have no idea of where each has come from or the handicap or advantage each has had. Cumberland shows signs of becoming a great Richmond player. Your further comments about Stack were unnecessary and reflect more on you than on him.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'm excited by the prospect of what Noah will bring this year. Just hope he can get it to work with Dusty up forward.
Whilst it is only early and there has been no match play, Noah seems capable of operating a bit higher up the ground, it may be the fact that it is only drills with sometimes no set positions but has been getting up to the wing quite regularly which is what has impressed me the most so far this off- season, with him either sidestepping his opponents or barging straight through them and then some smart delivery or roosting it long.
**There may be more strings to Cumbers bow?

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Whilst it is only early and there has been no match play, Noah seems capable of operating a bit higher up the ground, it may be the fact that it is only drills with sometimes no set positions but has been getting up to the wing quite regularly which is what has impressed me the most so far this off- season, with him either sidestepping his opponents or barging straight through them and then some smart delivery or roosting it long.
**There may be more strings to Cumbers bow?
He actually played on the wing as a junior for the Allies so this wouldn’t surprise me at all. I was more surprised how he had adapted to the forward role he has been playing and how he has done that so well.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The comparison is odious. You have no idea of where each has come from or the handicap or advantage each has had. Cumberland shows signs of becoming a great Richmond player. Your further comments about Stack were unnecessary and reflect more on you than on him.

Its not odious at all. I've loved having Stacky at the club and have been a big supporter of him.

The comparisons to Noah are fair. Stack knows why he was let go by the club and it wasn't due to his ability, but was due to his commitment, especially off season. Noah went away for the off-season, got himself a fitness coach and has got himself very fit, its clear he wants a red hot crack at being an AFL footballer.

Stacky, you'd think would have had a fire lit under him. Very rarely do you see anything on Insta of him hitting the gym / training. If you had this rep of not training hard enough on the off season and wanted to attract other clubs, you use EVERY measure to get that out there, and that includes insta stories. For a lot of sports players / celebs, they acknowledge that Insta is part of their brand, its part of their ability to sell themselves, and if Stack is working hard he's doing a very poor job of selling himself on there.

My comments on comparing Noah and Sydney were to reflect the sheer gulf of difference in there will to prepare themselves for the rigours of professional football and I suspect Noah will reap the benefits of that, despite probably pretty much everyone agreeing that Stacky has more skill than Noah (and thats not a slight on Noah at all), but again a sign that you need ability AND the will / devotion to train throughout your life. Unfortunately this is one of the things that young sports people have to give up as part of their commitment to the sport, they simply cannot afford to go out and party like other 20 years olds (like I did when I was their age, but I'm not a sportsman). Many of them accept and understand this and commit to their lifestyle as a sportsman, others don't unfortunately and thats where a lot of talent is lost to professional sport.

Reactions: 12 users

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022
Attitude is something ANYONE can adopt regardless of circumstance. Stack was lazy . Marlon is not lazy yet has a past that he could make an excuse about.

Reactions: 6 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
not everyone is cut out for the AFL system
everyone that makes an AFL list has talent
how well they can show it in that environment is the question
Stack had to work his but off to make our list - credit to him
he played some great footy - more credit to him
he has had well documented maintaining that level - :-(
just remember most in the system are super dedicated, way beyond your average dude
and I do believe plenty of it is confidence to , a drop in confidence and you look slow and disinterested

the talk of Noah C being super motivated and having a great preseason is mouth watering

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Its not odious at all. I've loved having Stacky at the club and have been a big supporter of him.

The comparisons to Noah are fair. Stack knows why he was let go by the club and it wasn't due to his ability, but was due to his commitment, especially off season. Noah went away for the off-season, got himself a fitness coach and has got himself very fit, its clear he wants a red hot crack at being an AFL footballer.

Stacky, you'd think would have had a fire lit under him. Very rarely do you see anything on Insta of him hitting the gym / training. If you had this rep of not training hard enough on the off season and wanted to attract other clubs, you use EVERY measure to get that out there, and that includes insta stories. For a lot of sports players / celebs, they acknowledge that Insta is part of their brand, its part of their ability to sell themselves, and if Stack is working hard he's doing a very poor job of selling himself on there.

My comments on comparing Noah and Sydney were to reflect the sheer gulf of difference in there will to prepare themselves for the rigours of professional football and I suspect Noah will reap the benefits of that, despite probably pretty much everyone agreeing that Stacky has more skill than Noah (and thats not a slight on Noah at all), but again a sign that you need ability AND the will / devotion to train throughout your life. Unfortunately this is one of the things that young sports people have to give up as part of their commitment to the sport, they simply cannot afford to go out and party like other 20 years olds (like I did when I was their age, but I'm not a sportsman). Many of them accept and understand this and commit to their lifestyle as a sportsman, others don't unfortunately and thats where a lot of talent is lost to professional sport.
There is simply no need to continue to put him down. Stack isn't an employee of the club and judging by the reaction of family members, is and will continue to have some difficulty, in coming to terms with that. What really is the point in referring to his sitting around a pool while Cumberland sweats it out.
Compare Cumber to a current player, or to a distinguished retiree by all means, but your reference to Stack in these circumstances is unnecessary and just plain nasty.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He actually played on the wing as a junior for the Allies so this wouldn’t surprise me at all. I was more surprised how he had adapted to the forward role he has been playing and how he has done that so well.
Whilst Noah has fantastic 20 mtr speed and agility , I cant seem to find his 2klm or yoyo results
Whats his tank like is he a good long distance runner that can play wing full time ?

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
There is simply no need to continue to put him down. Stack isn't an employee of the club and judging by the reaction of family members, is and will continue to have some difficulty, in coming to terms with that. What really is the point in referring to his sitting around a pool while Cumberland sweats it out.
Compare Cumber to a current player, or to a distinguished retiree by all means, but your reference to Stack in these circumstances is unnecessary and just plain nasty.
Agreed

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In the yo-yo tests he was top 10 in Rock the Baby and Walking the Dog but could only manage 3 seconds for the Sleeper and two rotations for Around the World.
Interesting to compare those abilities with
a player like Messi of Argentina who has just played another gem against Croatia.

Noah has kicked a few goals which were simply intuitive and he has the speed.
Soccer players seem able to go on for much longer than ours, I suspect because of weight issues and the difference between the two games when it comes to tackling?

Hopefully Noah won’t grow to the size of a Dusty but in addition to speed he also seems to have the sort of Dusty like understanding about how to play, which may lift him to Bolton/Edwards/JR standards.

Each (like Noah) demonstrated ‘genius’ at a very early stage!

Last edited:

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Interesting to compare those abilities with
a player like Messi of Argentina who has just played another gem against Croatia.

Noah has kicked a few goals which were simply intuitive and he has the speed.
Soccer players seem able to go on for much longer than ours, I suspect because of weight issues and the difference between the two games when it comes to tackling?

Hopefully Noah won’t grow to the size of a Dusty but in addition to speed he also seems to have the sort of Dusty like understanding about how to play, which may lift him to Bolton/Edwards/JR standards.

Each (like Noah) demonstrated ‘genius’ at a very early stage!
Re: the soccer players endurance compared to ours - think it’s a combination of a number of things. Tackling and fighting for the ball in scrimmage all take a bit of energy. Much like wrestling can drain MMA fighters Playing on a much bigger area is another. Chasing and I mean “real” chasing over a distance. Running on after a 50 metre kick downfield to receive the ball back and go again. Then possibly, turn and sprint back to get to the opponent you have left behind after an interception. Lastly, wearing some solid hip and shoulders, or getting ironed out. While being able to get up, I found I tired later in the game if I got smashed early on.

In soccer, I could have bravely been stretchered off. Had a nice old snooze on the boundary line and then come back, refreshed, to thunderous applause.

Reactions: 1 users