Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

How did Rioli come into this?
Its about Mansell who’s struggled to be best 22

The logic you used, that once a player is marked in a certain position they can't change ends and be effective. I'll concede it's usually tougher to turn a defender into a forward rather than the other way around and I dunno how Mansell's going to go, but I'll give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt until we see the results, and that might take a few weeks.

Edit - I'll add that our backline has been extremely strong in the last 5 years so it's a bit disingenuous to suggest he's struggled to break into the 22. There simply hasn't been a spot for him.

If you are better than the player/s in the first 22 you will break in if not there is no spot for him..

Mansell's problem is his footy IQ is just average and his kicking is the same.

Both Rioli and Short both have vg footy IQ's and vg kicking skills.

I suspect that Cumberland may have been dropped as we are worried about Saad and need a very negative hff. (Mansell)

Reactions: 1 users
If you are better than the player/s in the first 22 you will break in if not there is no spot for him..

Mansell's problem is his footy IQ is just average and his kicking is the same.

Both Rioli and Short both have vg footy IQ's and vg kicking skills.

I suspect that Cumberland may have been dropped as we are worried about Saad and need a very negative hff. (Mansell)
Mansell is in to simply perform a role doing a job that Cumberland cannot really do and that is defensive pressure, and the forward line desperately needs it.

Mansell is a bloke who is not sacrificing much of a game to play a specific role such as this and he can have far more impact for the side if he can shut down the influence of Docherty or Newman.

Martin is playing the 2022 Cumberland role as a medium forward.

Noah got his run due to Dustin being out and will need to do a bit more with his game to play alongside the GOAT.

Reactions: 14 users
Mansell is in to simply perform a role doing a job that Cumberland cannot really do and that is defensive pressure, and the forward line desperately needs it.

Mansell is a bloke who is not sacrificing much of a game to play a specific role such as this and he can have far more impact for the side if he can shut down the influence of Docherty or Newman.

Martin is playing the 2022 Cumberland role as a medium forward.

Noah got his run due to Dustin being out and will need to do a bit more with his game to play alongside the GOAT.
Spot on.

Reactions: 1 user
Wondering if perhaps Martin, Bolton, Cotchin sharing a forward line rotation doesn't leave a spot for the Cummerbund just yet. Would love to see him in there as the medium size forward, but I'm guessing there's some big, big names gettin first crack. Moju n Mansell to be the designated annoying harassing small pricks to pressure n force *smile* ups on the oppo might simply mean there's no spot just yet for the Cummerbund.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m sure Hardwick has his reasons but Noah is stiff no doubt.
Was a bright light last season & not done much wrong.
Hope his development/confidence isn’t affected.

Reactions: 3 users
He did some media for the club two days ago talking about the season ahead.
Not sure they’d put him in front of the cameras and representing the club if he was serving a club imposed sanction.
If you know something to the contrary, please spill it rather than post vague innuendos.
We’re all ears
Pointless posting facts on here , as has the case in past , you get howled down and abused . You can read about it in a few weeks . Cheers

Pointless posting facts on here , as has the case in past , you get howled down and abused . You can read about it in a few weeks . Cheers
Don’t stress it Stig…I like hearing alternative views/opinions and seeing how they play out. Interested to see about this one as have heard nothing. You may have great intel…

Wondering if perhaps Martin, Bolton, Cotchin sharing a forward line rotation doesn't leave a spot for the Cummerbund just yet. Would love to see him in there as the medium size forward, but I'm guessing there's some big, big names gettin first crack. Moju n Mansell to be the designated annoying harassing small pricks to pressure n force *smile* ups on the oppo might simply mean there's no spot just yet for the Cummerbund.
Looks to be the thinking. I agree.

Bartel on FC just named Dusty, Lynch and……. Cumberland as reasons why Richmond will win. Fair dinkum

• Haha
The theory on very limited evidence is that Dusty and Cumbo can't play in the same team.

What if Dusty plays mid and Cumbo plays forward? Seriously, we have the opportunity to play Dusty exclusively as a mid, rotating off the bench with Cumbo forward. That seems the most ideal scenario to me

Bartel on FC just named Dusty, Lynch and……. Cumberland as reasons why Richmond will win. Fair dinkum
I have always said Bartel is a potatoe head.
And he once again proved it tonight.
You would think a show based on football the commentators would know who's playing.