Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Was a fan of his
Unfortunately unless he is going to try and put his hands on a high ball and make it a contest he can be moved on
Needs to stop talking to himself on the ground
Where is Emma Murray when you need her ?
Would be a good challenge for Emma

Reactions: 2 users
Persist.
Adds speed to the front 50
1 day he will once again kick a bag.
He looks like he is trying too hard.
Just Relax Jack

Reactions: 3 users
'Natural goal-kicker' misses multiple sodas. Has 6.14 for the year across V/AFL.

What we saw last night was the result of promoting an out of form, down on confidence, young player, and 100% validated the MC's call to leave him in the 2s until robbed of choice.

• Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Is ok when the ball is on the deck, not so good when it's in the air. Needs to improve his field and goal kicking. Didn't appear to drop his bundle or get down on himself which is a positive.
Should get a block of games, though I'm starting to think he's not going to make it.

Reactions: 1 users
'Natural goal-kicker' misses multiple sodas. Has 6.14 for the year across V/AFL.

What we saw last night was the result of promoting an out of form, down on confidence, young player, and 100% validated the MC's call to leave him in the 2s until robbed of choice.
Could the coaches please ban him from trying to kick the bladder out of the ball?

Reactions: 1 user
Is ok when the ball is on the deck, not so good when it's in the air. Needs to improve his field and goal kicking. Didn't appear to drop his bundle or get down on himself which is a positive.
Should get a block of games, though I'm starting to think he's not going to make it.
Not so good in the air? Reckon you are thinking of Ryan?

Lefau is 195 cms tall and built like a bull.

Ridley is 195cms tall you think Cumbo is going to outmark him? Blame the coaches for putting a 183 cm on a 195 cms. Just too big and strong.
Agree
Why wasn’t Balta playing forward to hold the Bummers to account?
Instead we only had 1 tall Lefau and Ridley 195cm marked everything so it’s Cumbo fault he couldn’t outmark Ridley

He’s a bit all over the shop. Needs to find his kicking boots fast or he won’t survive especially with a poor aerial game. Mid sized forwards are a dime a dozen & only the exceptional ones make it.
I’d probably pick him again next week but the clock is ticking. He’s got to max these opportunities or will be in the exit lounge.

Reactions: 7 users
Agree
Why wasn’t Balta playing forward to hold the Bummers to account?
Instead we only had 1 tall Lefau and Ridley 195cm marked everything so it’s Cumbo fault he couldn’t outmark Ridley

Cumbo doesn't have to outmark Ridley. Contest and get the ball to ground.
THats the expectation.
Pickett had a similar role. Mansell does it. Castagna did it and helped win premierships.
something Cumbo has to improve on.

FWIW At times we had Ryan forward so we did play 2 talls at stages.

Reactions: 2 users
Come on man you can't be serious. Did you see Pickett's game last week, it was putrid. 5 disposals, and 4 turnovers. Gave away 5 free kicks.

Cumberland: 11 disposals. 3 tackles, 2 marks, 0.2

Cumbo tonight put on pressure and had the most pressure acts by any Richmond player (24).

But if I am to be honest he had an almost game. I do like Cumbo but thought he was so-so. Didn't use the ball too well. And missed 1 to 2 goals that he should've nailed.

You can see he is playing to the game plan, running patterns and not getting sucked into the play but I will say let's keep playing him and give him a decent block of games because atm he will be inconsistent due to his lack of senior experience (21 games).
Most pressure acts on stats.
But at the ground I didn't see a major influence with the pressure.
AT times he was caught flat footed as his oppo ran it out, he duly chased but didn't shut off the outlet.
Gotta concentrate 100%.
To be fair that happened to all players, so i'm not criticising.
I just don't see that 24 pressure acts gave a lot or made an impact to our game.
Overall he was average.

Yeh, he is so scared of *smile* up that's all he did. Clearly overthinking everything. Had his head in his hands multiple times. Gotta get some mindfulness coaching, learn how to stay in the moment.

But his goal kicking is a real worry. That bullet pass to KMac was a thing of beauty but everyhting else was cinderella after midnight.

Does find himself in some dangerous spots.

He’s a bit all over the shop. Needs to find his kicking boots fast or he won’t survive especially with a poor aerial game. Mid sized forwards are a dime a dozen & only the exceptional ones make it.
I’d probably pick him again next week but the clock is ticking. He’s got to max these opportunities or will be in the exit lounge.

Thats a fair call need to see whether he can get to being the player we have seen in the past. Thought last week v Lions he showed a lot and was our best forward. Last night was so-so so but to put him on Ridley was just plain and utterly stupid.

We have given Mansell many games when I have thought drop him due to many mediocre games. So i say the same for Cumbo give him more games, because if he can't take his chance fully then back to the ressies and as you know I say this about many players who seem to get games but aren't playing to the level.

Campbell, I liked his game last night but previous 7 he was goalless. Played higher up the ground and was a link-up player who used his speed to run the lines.