Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

I'll do some digging my wife's best friend knows their family well from Peninsula grammar

I'll do some digging my wife's best friend knows their family well from Peninsula grammar
Has 2 years to train at rfc never played seniors at peninsula grammar always been a basketballer apparantly

Reactions: 3 users
Some neat midrange and outside stuff from the big fella, and some crisp passing to boot. He’s not your lumbering centre.
Hopefully he can kick and enjoys falling on people.

Reactions: 1 user
How long till OHB goes down with a long term injury that the club can never resolve?

FMD. We've already got Nank, Soldo, Samsung n Maaate if we want to win a tip off. Surely one of them could manage to be competitive.
Don't mind using the Cat B system to get speculative n rummage around for some sort of future potential, but we've already got one basketballer who looked a genuine spud at footy last year while also having a young footballer who's big enough to maybe be a basketballer this year. Perhaps try something slightly different could be a good option for next year and onward.

Hopefully our luck will change with recruiting hyphenated names with this Giant. JON, RCD and Egg didn't do so well. Any others?
John Peter-Budge !! Think we got him from St Failure

Tim Scott - Branagan

Last edited:
This bloke feels like the intersection of my two sporting loves, AFL and basketball. I'm putting myself up there in the top 2.45% of people who can identify ballers whose skill sets can translate. And here's my take on OHB.

1) Vision and ability to read the play around him- very good. Understands spacing, where players are moving and how things are going.
2)Bodywork and physicality - will translate very well, can shift weight around and move bodies to get to a better position, very good.
3) Tap work- I'll bet he is a very good tap ruckman. Will put the ball to the right spot.

I see these three as being elite for a man his size coming into the game.

Negaitves, not a leaper at all. Limited vertical. Will need to be a body work ruck in the Sean Darcy mode. Don't expect Luke Jackson at all.
Will not be a explosive athlete at all. Looks very slow over three steps but his thinking and sport IQ will make up for a lot of it. Need to see it but that's my take.

Great unknown- What kind of endurance athlete he is. This will determine if he makes it or not. Went to Peninsula Grammar, for me that would be the last time he played AFL. We need someone to find out about that.

But I love this gamble, do it every year. Ideally you find a 6"7 basketballer.

Reactions: 4 users
History would suggest we have modest expectations

Good though to have another hyphen (although, once again, good to moderate expectations...)

This bloke feels like the intersection of my two sporting loves, AFL and basketball. I'm putting myself up there in the top 2.45% of people who can identify ballers whose skill sets can translate. And here's my take on OHB.

1) Vision and ability to read the play around him- very good. Understands spacing, where players are moving and how things are going.
2)Bodywork and physicality - will translate very well, can shift weight around and move bodies to get to a better position, very good.
3) Tap work- I'll bet he is a very good tap ruckman. Will put the ball to the right spot.

I see these three as being elite for a man his size coming into the game.

Negaitves, not a leaper at all. Limited vertical. Will need to be a body work ruck in the Sean Darcy mode. Don't expect Luke Jackson at all.
Will not be a explosive athlete at all. Looks very slow over three steps but his thinking and sport IQ will make up for a lot of it. Need to see it but that's my take.

Great unknown- What kind of endurance athlete he is. This will determine if he makes it or not. Went to Peninsula Grammar, for me that would be the last time he played AFL. We need someone to find out about that.

But I love this gamble, do it every year. Ideally you find a 6"7 basketballer.
Top 2.45% - i like your modesty :)

How long till OHB goes down with a long term injury that the club can never resolve?
Give him a go for goodness sake. Apparently Tigers were not the only one after his services better off at Punt Road than anywhere else.

Can he at least speak Croatian?
Bradtke had a hell of a time understanding Big Ivy’s instructions.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users