Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Oliver Hayes-Brown

It's only highlights but I liked the look of what Hayes-Brown dished up in the VFL. Looks like he competes hard in ruck contests but that contested mark he took up forward and converted with a goal is something we haven't seen from a Richmond ruck in a long time.

Anyone that watched the whole games, is he involved often?

It's only highlights but I liked the look of what Hayes-Brown dished up in the VFL. Looks like he competes hard in ruck contests but that contested mark he took up forward and converted with a goal is something we haven't seen from a Richmond ruck in a long time.

Anyone that watched the whole games, is he involved often?
Look champ don't get me excited.
A cardboard cut of Gawn will better then the 2 we had on the weekend.
Ruckman that can't mark shouldve never ever be an option EVER.
If this bloke can pluck a mark, that great.
I cant give you anything because I don't know who is. I never seen him play.

In a rare common-sense move, the AFilthL has granted OH-B and fellow Cat B rookie Melbourne's Kyah Farris-White permission to play in the Ammos to help their development. Ollie will play for Old Ivanhoe.

Reactions: 9 users
I would never write anyone off who comes in as a potential ruck and a development pathway through Cat B. I remember seeing Ivan Soldo early and thinking that he was light years away.
Whilst Ivan is no world beater he is a premiership ruck and a decent player
It's a long shot but you never know

Reactions: 4 users
What wouldn’t he line up for our VFl side? We play Coburg this week.
Maybe Ryan & Naismith are both playing in the 1 vfl side this round? Surely would mean Koschitzke is in at their expense.

In a rare common-sense move, the AFilthL has granted OH-B and fellow Cat B rookie Melbourne's Kyah Farris-White permission to play in the Ammos to help their development. Ollie will play for Old Ivanhoe.

Thanks @spook for explaining why I see OH-B train but never being named in the VFL side.

A Saints ruck did this (or maybe played for a different VFL team) a year or 2 ago.
There should be more instances of players who arent ready for VFL - for whatever reason- playing down a level. Especially tall lumbering rucks who will upset team balance of forced to play VFL.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe Ryan & Naismith are both playing in the 1 vfl side this round? Surely would mean Koschitzke is in at their expense.
Doubt their selection is relevant. OH-B needs to play and preferably play ruck as much as his body will allow. Trying to do this at VFL level, at his stage of development, wont do him or the team any favours.

I assumed he would have been playing at some level. Has he just been training? If so, how do we expect him to develop (particularly coming from a non-footy background)

Reactions: 1 user
I find it odd that Colina and Brown are the best cat B players we could find. There is no evidence that either of them can actually play the game.

Will keep a close eye on Pies most recent cat B signing player who unlike these two, played junior football and was actually very good (before giving the game up).

Not really sure what value these two add to the club given they are so inexperienced at playing the game. It is so hard to make it as a ruckman and you only need to look at Sampson Ryan to know that. No way these two are going to be as good as Ryan and where does Ryan fit.

Reactions: 3 users
I find it odd that Colina and Brown are the best cat B players we could find. There is no evidence that either of them can actually play the game.

Will keep a close eye on Pies most recent cat B signing player who unlike these two, played junior football and was actually very good (before giving the game up).

Not really sure what value these two add to the club given they are so inexperienced at playing the game. It is so hard to make it as a ruckman and you only need to look at Sampson Ryan to know that. No way these two are going to be as good as Ryan and where does Ryan fit.
Just about the same was said of Soldo.

Reactions: 2 users
Just about the same was said of Soldo.
Just because a random hail Mary shot worked once, doesn't mean it's gunna work every time.
Club should look far deeper than just big tall basket baller when considering B rookie prospects. There'd be plenty of young blokes roaming around that played reasonable junior footy then took a different sporting pathway that could / should be assessed for a B rookie spot. Harmichael *smile* was almost a footballer, Liftmykiltup might definitely be a footballer, a young Towner grew up in Lismore? n would have mixed rugby league n football as a kid. He's a premiership footballer. League is a way faster n more athletic style of game these days, surely there'd be a raft of young blokes who would barely be fringing around their development or suburban leagues that would better suit a B rookie transition prospect. Especially if they grew up around the Riverina district of NSW n had some involvement around footy as a kid.

Reactions: 1 users
Towner was from Leeton not Lismore
Very definitely a league town with a rules team that’s main role was to make up the numbers

They played basketball, and there's an unsubstantiated rumor that there may be a basketball player, other than Soldo, who became a handy AFL player, just can't recall the name.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users