Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

You are right but I reckon we restructure slightly unless they play Bauer or Bradkte which I cant see happening.

Banks is ready.
But where does he play? It won’t be on a wing or off half back.

Mini won’t tinker with either of those areas. They are rock solid at the moment.

He’s an outside type. Is an excellent kick on both feet and covers the ground well but is not overly quick but not slow either. Runs to good places but is underutilized by teammates at VFL level. Will put his head over the ball and go when it’s his turn but it’s not a strength so don’t expect much there. If you are looking for a comparison I’d say Brandon Ellis with a smaller tank but better footskills.

Personally, my concern with him is he’s yet to produce a standout performance at VFL level. Usually good but never great. How can you expect to compete at AFL level if you can’t dominate VFL level, at least occasionally?

Anyway, hope he gets a run.
In Banks defence here, the expectation of a winger at the RFC is not to do the flashy stuff. It’s all about covering ground and helping out the defence. Don’t expect Peter Matera type performances. This is not the time expectation.

Reactions: 1 user
But where does he play? It won’t be on a wing or off half back.

Mini won’t tinker with either of those areas. They are rock solid at the moment.

He possibly could play HB if they decide to go in smaller. Take Young out of the back 7 and put in Banks, then your Back 7 become Balta, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin, Rioli, Short and Banks.

He possibly could play HB if they decide to go in smaller. Take Young out of the back 7 and put in Banks, then your Back 7 become Balta, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin, Rioli, Short and Banks.
Think they'll play it safe and play HRS as the seventh back.

Reactions: 2 users
Think they'll play it safe and play HRS as the seventh back.

Probably right. I can't see any other scenario he plays as I can't see them switching the wings up again and both Graham and Cotch forward didn't work so you wouldn't want to switch them to the forward line again.

Possibly more likely we get a debut of someone else suited to the forward line, Tresize, Coulthard or Green if we get a debut game this week.

Reactions: 3 users
Comes in as the sub and replaces Ralphsmith if not for an injured player

Last edited:
You'd think we'd have a phone call to the folks video by now if he were playing.
He’s Tasmanian, there’s too many folks to call.

Sorry Taz…..Spook put me up to it.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Must play next week. I would even drop Picket for him.

Must reward good form. Plenty to pick from to drop. Good debut opportunity against Swannies at the G.

Reactions: 1 user