Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Dimma has answered everyone's concerns in his press conference. There is a reason K-Mac is in the VFL and playing in the backline.

Taps side of nose.

Tiller

Tiger Rookie
Aug 26, 2009
I don't get the Short hate. He is working his way back into form after a long injury. I was surprised they didn't make him find form in the VFL first but I thought he was far from our worst last night. No. 5 is the player I think makes way.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dyer'ere had a great derisive nickname for a previous No.15: Pathettifer.

I'm going to call this bloke Shart.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
No Change won us the flag

Its very compelling

But i reckon Kmac and Caddy would be tackling Shorty, Brando and Bellis

Pretty much with everything theyve got at training.

Thought Bakes was well ahead of them last night
Brando is safe. Bellis is on shaky ground.

J

Jumping Jack

If that’s what you get when Short has a bad day (as most seem to be saying), then I’ll take that in September.

I don’t get everyone’s hate for Short but love for K-Mac.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Different players, different strengths and weaknesses... it might not be fair but everyone knows KMac is as tough as nails and Short isn't.

Someone earlier said if Short's kicks aren't hitting the target then what is he in the side for? I tend to agree.

But having said that I thought he was better yesterday than the previous game. Seems to be part of Dimma's plans so let's see if he comes good.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Much better last night. Still not 16, 17 form.

If he was to go and still might, Naish is the man.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Just watched first half replay and Short was actuly quite good overall. A couple of blunders but generally kicked shorter and kept it simple. His long kicks in the last were pretty wayward though. Bit of a mixed bag. I think I would like to see a Naish play his role in the future. Someone with a bit more smarts. Definitely not kmac, too unpredictable with his decion making and disposal in the backline.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The bagging of Short is of course OTT. He was serviceable, made a few blues just like his 21 team mates did.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
No defensive skills, no intercepts, can’t tackle, kicks the ball back to the opposition. This guy isn’t for AFL

Not a defenders ass hole.
In the first 10 minutes he tried his very best to keep Collingwood in the game.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I thought early he was clearly someone who was nervous and he couldn't get his hands cleanly to the ball (complete contrast to Dusty, Stack, Cotch for example). But thought he worked into the game OK.

Criticism here is clearly urban myth worthy. If the club keep playing him, then they must think his positives outweigh the negatives.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The bagging of Short is of course OTT. He was serviceable, made a few blues just like his 21 team mates did.

He wasn't serviceable enough to hold his spot IMO. OTT? Its all opinion. Skied kicks, missed targets, fumbles in space, if he is good defensively he can get away with a bit of that, but he's not.

Reactions: 3 users