Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He wasn't serviceable enough to hold his spot IMO. OTT? Its all opinion. Skied kicks, missed targets, fumbles in space, if he is good defensively he can get away with a bit of that, but he's not.

If Collingwood had goaled from that unbelievable fumble and then that *smile* kick to the Cat.
Collingwood would've had 2 goals to nothing , tails up.
He is hopeless at basic defending.
He watched Crocker run straight in front of a pack to take a chest mark.
Get in there and spoil.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
“With Rancey going down, it took us a bit of a while to adjust,” Tigers defender Nick Vlastuin told foxfooty.com.au. “He’d played pretty much every game for the last 10 years.

“But I think ‘Grimesy’ and Dave are filling that void really well, while Broady’s in career-best form, Bachar’s getting 30 every week and we know what Shorty’s capable of with his right foot."

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hung out for cheap handball receives all game poor contested play again and continually kicked long to the opposition in the first half.

Stack to replace him back at HB to shore up the defence for September.

I dont know what they will do with him.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I get that his composure and disposal might improve with more time but he shirked the contest again tonight. One Melbourne mark was his chance to get up and compete but he just didn't.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Interesting. I thought he was actually good.

Might have to rewatch his game.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It looks like the only asset he has is his kicking.
But Hardwick needs a defender.
Short doesn’t tackle and his opponent usually hits the score board.
Bally Frisch could’ve kicked 5
I wouldn’t even play him

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
he did some good things with the ball but if that's his only weapon he has to have elite disposal. And right now he doesn't. But I think this is why the selectors are persevering.

Lack of appetite in the contest is non-negotiable for a defender IMO. I'd have Stack, KMac, Ellis, Markov, Baker even Caddy ahead of him as defensive options.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Should be dropped for Stack next week. Baker to the forward line where he belongs.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The biggest worry in our backline. Cannot play as a defender. He just cannot compete one on one. Probably why they are trailing Macintosh down back in the VFL.

Reactions: 1 user