Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
I do too, but I thought he was OK in the pressure cooker of the last Q. Put his body on the line and got a fist in to win a one-on-one and get it forward. Looked gone in the contest but won it. Wasn't panicky, which he had been a bit to then, and did a couple of very Richmondy things. I felt a bit better that hes improved in pressure situations, coming off a low base of course.

Spot on. He actually did some muscle work in the rain.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
he's running at just slightly under par based on his recent efforts. Compare him to say, Baker today. Baker's a first year player who is clean, composed, runs, tackles and passes it like a bullet.

Time to end the Short farce Dimma and match committee. You've given it a good run, time to wrap it up.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Has been shorthouse. Lost his one advantage - ability to hit targets.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
His biggest fan and supporter but what 7 turnovers today.

Agree lost hi best asset and ability to break lines/ his kicking.

Unfortunately I don’t have faith much more.

Can he turn it around this quarter?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If i bought a soiled lamp at the opshop

And a genie came out when i polished it

And said i could have wish,

Id wish for short to be dropped

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I do think Short is by far the weakest link in our backline but I just can't see us messing with the backline now. I just wish for example when Grimes takes a mark in the backline instead of handballing a 2metre handball to Short he runs off and takes the kick and have Short shepherd instead. Grimes is so much more reliable disposer of the ball.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I do think Short is by far the weakest link in our backline but I just can't see us messing with the backline now. I just wish for example when Grimes takes a mark in the backline instead of handballing a 2metre handball to Short he runs off and takes the kick and have Short shepherd instead. Grimes is so much more reliable disposer of the ball.

there's not much downside to messing with it, if it shorty out.

clangers, reverse goal assists, fraudulent metres gained.

he did win one tough crucial 1:2, but its not enough.

Brando and Bakes has gone miles ahead of him.

Stagnation, I could handle.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
there's not much downside to messing with it, if it shorty out.

clangers, reverse goal assists, fraudulent metres gained.

he did win one tough crucial 1:2, but its not enough.

Brando and Bakes has gone miles ahead of him.

Stagnation, I could handle.

There is downside and that's understanding of team mates and holding the structures that has made the backline such a strong unit. I say I don't believe they will mess with this now as it's not as if we have learnt anything new about him from today's game. There's been plenty of opportunities to drop Short in past few weeks and MC haven't. Logically why would they do so now goi g into the first final?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
There is downside and that's understanding of team mates and holding the structures that has made the backline such a strong unit. I say I don't believe they will mess with this now as it's not as if we have learnt anything new about him from today's game. There's been plenty of opportunities to drop Short in past few weeks and MC haven't. Logically why would they do so now goi g into the first final?

I have no doubt you and the MC are in agreement.

which essentially makes you right.

I just strongly disagree.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yep. Would be stunned if he was dropped now