Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Denise Drysdale would play short's role well. Licence to not do any defensive work and run around in space getting cheap touches.

Reactions: 1 user
Short had tackles against Melbourne. Granted no tackles in the last two games. But I think he is playing very well.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes he did. Apologies. The only game he has had tackles in the last 5 games. So 2 tackles in 5 games. I take it back, the blokes a tackling machine!

Well not everyone thinks Short isn't providing enough. Equal 2nd most votes from the coaches with 4 votes. Thought he had an exceptional game last week playing the role he is being asked to play.

Well not everyone thinks Short isn't providing enough. Equal 2nd most votes from the coaches with 4 votes. Thought he had an exceptional game last week playing the role he is being asked to play.
Spot on.

Does seem to be getting stronger in the one on ones. Not great, but improving

Reactions: 1 users
Another good game from Shorty. Having his best season so far. His run and delivery is first class and hit a few aerial contests hard.

Reactions: 5 users
Is starting to win his own ball. Against actual opponents, no less!

Didn’t think he had it in him. Very happy that I’m being proven wrong

Reactions: 4 users
Does seem to be getting stronger in the one on ones. Not great, but improving

In the last quarter I think he went for a mark/spoil back into a pack ( real courage ) nearly got killed. Sure it was him with another Tiger. I think he went back in the pack without knowing what was coming. It was around the middle of the ground...

He's definitely improved his defensive efforts.

Its taken me awhile but I've come around on Shorty, he's been playing great this year.

In the last quarter I think he went for a mark/spoil back into a pack ( real courage ) nearly got killed. Sure it was him with another Tiger. I think he went back in the pack without knowing what was coming. It was around the middle of the ground...
That was Aarts.

But yeah, Shorty's physicality is much improved. Good on him.

Short's kicking has improved too. We're seeing far fewer long bombs to a contest on the wing (except from kick outs) and more changing of angles and lower, penetrating balls. Much better.

Shorty's kicking style is very effective coz he has very little wind up before kicking the ball. It's like a quick snapping action. He is able to get a long penetrating kick off one step in congested play where most others would get smothered.

People need to remember Shorty was a rover, wing, half forward all junior career. His offensive attributes always first class ( best kicking efficiency in TAC in his draft year). Has had to work on his defensive play.

Reactions: 2 users
Shorty's kicking style is very effective coz he has very little wind up before kicking the ball. It's like a quick snapping action. He is able to get a long penetrating kick off one step in congested play where most others would get smothered.
I 100% disagree. His kicking action needs time and space. Every time he's rushed he dump kicks it 30 metres onto an opposition chest.