Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

How many goals did we concede today?
3?

I reckon our backline went alright.

Short number 1 for disposals, and metres gained (542), at 85% kicking efficiency?

I reckon he went alright (BOG) too.
I reckon he's having a pretty good season.

Reactions: 1 users
shorty seemed to step into bachars role beautifully last night.

there was a funny moment in the last when lynchy got a mark 60 out and shorty was lurking , but Kmac was standing where shorty needed to run with a dopey look on his face.

it was right below me, and shorty went off his brain, on the run, at Kmac

'Kam, get the *smile* out of there you dumb *smile*'

his arm nearly dislocated waving cam to where he needed to go.

shorty wanted it so bad

Lynchy wanted to give it to him, shorty was pumped to slot it,

and Kam didnt quite get it.

was pretty funny.

Reactions: 3 users
Has been a lot better the last few weeks and warranting his spot in the side. However hasn't had a tackle in three weeks playing in defence. I know thats not why he's in the team, but c'mon a defender not having a tackle in 3 weeks of football?

He's a bit like Houli at the same stage (80-odd games) - assets and deficiencies. Papley bursting through him like crepe paper was glaring and exactly the sort of tackle he must stick.

Fined $500 for misconduct against Heeney.
Marlion fined $1000 for the same offence. Heeney deemed untouchable?

Reactions: 1 user
My boy is flying. Getting close to AA contention.

Defs top 5 B&F right now.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope he continues his good form.
We might get a 2nd rounder in return.
He must be a trade option

Fined $500 for misconduct against Heeney.
Marlion fined $1000 for the same offence. Heeney deemed untouchable?

Yep will be from now on, the only player that they can call marquee.

But he's gone for the year now I believe.

Swans are about to rack the cue for 2020.

Shorty is coming along in increments. Learning to be involved physically, to get there for the spoil, lay some body on a man. Last night he went when it was his turn as the spare man to fly for a (uncontested) mark. He dropped it, of course, but the last time you saw Shorty attempt an overhead mark was the first.

We're working on turning him into a footballer. In time, that will include addressing his horrendous disposal.

Reactions: 1 users
Jayden Short, defender, tackle watch.
Has not laid a tackle in a month of football.
Don't get me wrong, he's been ok. But a defender not laying a tackle in a month is pretty damning.
Another thing that *smile* me about him, is his insistence to skirt around a player with a free/mark and demand the footy with no clear plan on what he's going to do after. Killed momentum more than once last night.

Edit: Had 2 tackles in the melbourne game but none in the two games before or since. 2 tackles in 5 weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the misconduct charges against Shortie have been for the last two weeks in a row?

Does anyone know what the misconduct charges against Shortie have been for the last two weeks in a row?
Against the Swans he slid into Heeney with the knees a little as the ball went out of bounds. It wasn't forceful enough to be a dog act, but it was definitely a b!tch act, one Heeney did not appreciate.