Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Short was *smile* amazing tonight.

Hard at it, tackling, 2nd 3rd efforts, delivering long and precise.

Turning into an great player before our eyes.

Reactions: 1 user
Kid was on top of his game, on top of the world. Brilliant!

We have some cool customers in our side, but I thought Shorty looked as composed a player as I have ever seen for us. He was just in the zone mentally and quite frankly didn't just look unbeatable, he was.

His stats underlined his performance, but the composure and focus he displayed tonight is going to be his making, I am sure of it.

Reactions: 1 users
Massive game tonight. Credit to him. He has proven his doubters wrong in which I was one of them.

Massive game tonight. Credit to him. He has proven his doubters wrong in which I was one of them.

I was too Smoking. After his great first season he seemed to fall away, especially after we resigned him to big money.

I actually thought I was looking at another Stephen Ryan.

But he is there now. He has shown he is the real deal.

I had him just about runner up in the normie today. Gained a ton of ground and went hard when it was his turn. His defensive game has improved a lot this season. Great that he showcased it on the biggest stage.

Best game of his career given the importance of the game

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon Shorty got on here, took note of what spook said, and went an worked super hard on his weaknesses, and bang we have another bloody good running Half back premiership player.

The Tiger culture made this bloke a star , not just a handy type he would have been elsewhere

That Rookie Draft has to be the best haul by a club ever. We *smile* nailed it.

Short, Castagna, Lambert and Soldo. Just wow.

Reactions: 5 users
I thought he was a bit shaky early, bad ball use (in fairness most on the ground were the same) but in the end i was worried he was going to steal Dusty's place in history (until Dusty's 4th goal.) a great game.

Reactions: 2 users
That Rookie Draft has to be the best haul by a club ever. We *smile* nailed it.

Short, Castagna, Lambert and Soldo. Just wow.

Wow, premierships galore that rookie draft - 10 from my count!! Some rookie hauls you are lucky to get 10 games. We have 10 premierships and counting!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Wow, premierships galore that rookie draft - 10 from my count!! Some rookie hauls you are lucky to get 10 games. We have 10 premierships and counting!!
So proud of my boy ‘Get Shorty’.

I’ve been a keen observer since his debut. When he moved to the back line I was in full support of him and what attributes he had as a footballer.

Would have hurt him deeply the year he was having in 17 then got dropped weeks before finals and missed the historic GF of 2017.

I’ve gone to bat for him since 17 and have had numerous heated discussions on his status and his need to be in this side. Have seen him grow & develop his game to nearly win a Norm Smith in this GF.

I had him so close as BOG but that last Dusty goal sealed his fate to second behind Dusty.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Expecting him to poll well in the JD Medal.

Well done. You have improved year in year and you should be proud of yourself.

Dual premiership player is ‘Get Shorty’.

‘Rookie draft does it again’

Reactions: 5 users