Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

There has got to be a good explanation surely. Ive watched it i reckon 20 times trying to find some sort of logical reas
Yep. Some dude gave me a bag of power and rather than just drop it and have one of Cotchin’s kids find it I put it in my sock and flushed it first chance I got.

I thought this - I hope the story comes out that he received something and handed it immediately to police and officials. Either that, or there is something even less sinister. I reckon ive watched it 20 times & i cant really say the vision gets any better or easier to explain tho. I'd be absolutely gutted if there is something sinister to it - it would be so upsetting to have this special win soured

It may well have been just a harmless gift from a fan that he didn't want to drop on the field. You really can't see what it it is. Players are given a lot of stuff over the fence during the lap of honour

It may well have been just a harmless gift from a fan that he didn't want to drop on the field. You really can't see what it it is. Players are given a lot of stuff over the fence during the lap of honour
The issue is how he is holding it for me - between him thumb and index finger. I tried to convince myself it was perhaps a business card, but its certainly not - it rocks back and forth like something in a bag.

The only thing that gives me hope is that there are so many people around and no one reacts at all in the slightest like something absurd just happened. If it was a bag of white powder, surely their would be a reaction.

Essentially, its the "Dangerfield Defence". If i did something naughty and no one around me acts like i did something naughty, then it never happened.

A few people are making light of this - but if indeed he took something prohibited while on an AFL sanctioned playing field and did not hand it in or report it - I think he will be de-registered. He is essentially scoring an illegal drug on the work place, during work time. I would imagine the AFL would deregister him

A few people are making light of this - but if indeed he took something prohibited while on an AFL sanctioned playing field and did not hand it in or report it - I think he will be de-registered. He is essentially scoring an illegal drug on the work place, during work time. I would imagine the AFL would deregister him
What prohibited substance? Where is it? Can anyone produce it? Habeas corpus, motherflippers. Produce the body.

Reactions: 1 users
What prohibited substance? Where is it? Can anyone produce it? Habeas corpus, motherflippers. Produce the body.

All it would take, is the AFL to come in and drug test the whole team, tomorrow. Based on that footage & the fact it is well and truly going viral - what option do they have?

You don't *smile* with the AFL's image..... Ive said it before. To do so always results in Sepukku

I think there's some massive over reactions going on. Haven't we had enough of that in the media this year?

I think there's some massive over reactions going on. Haven't we had enough of that in the media this year?

Mate, its not an over-reaction if 1000's of people are seeing this video & all coming up with the same conclusion. In this modern world that essentially makes it the truth by default. I haven't seen many comments on here, BF, Insta, FB where anyone can honestly give a good explanation to say its not something illicit. And those comments are coming from our own supporters, not salty opponents. I don't want it to be true -i'd be shattered beyond belief - but I am aware enough to understand that it would, without a doubt, be the straw which breaks our back with the AFL's goodwill after all the other *smile* we have put them through this year with the Cotchins, Chols *smile*, Kebabgate, Lynching etc.

IF its true and he is taking drugs from a crowd member on a playing field - we are toast. That would not be a $25,000 fine - it would be immense penalties.

Im hoping we get some sort of clarification tonight because if not & this bleeds into the Monday news cycle - it will explode & the chance to sweep it will be over. The club needs to respond to it immediately to kill it before it grows. It looks that bad & if it looks bad, the truth becomes secondary very very fast.

I'm not sure what the hub situation is currently, but there is a reality where perhaps a not so smart AFL players head (think Willie Rioli) where they thought this was some genius gangsta way for him to "sneak a score" into the hub where otherwise it was not possible. Stuff like that tends to be shared & that bag looked to be a few grams which would be enough for quite a few blokes for a nights fun. If the AFL decide to spot test everyone based off that footage.....

Plus, in regards to the "crowd" around them - there is a chance that specifc section was dedicated especially to the clubs family and guest hence why he felt it was "safe". The camera's may have been gone, but someone on the ground had a phone recording & had shared it.

Can you offer a good explanation to what else a fan would be giving him in that circumstance? Has anyone seen footage of it which is not filmed off someone elses iphone? Based on the footage quality and angle - it appears that footage has been filmed by a person on the ground with their phone - not the media. I was at the game and stayed around a while, but within about 10 minutes of the medals being handed out, there were not a lot of fans about. Perhaps 1000 spread around the entire boundary - they might have assumed it was "all clear"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
All it would take, is the AFL to come in and drug test the whole team, tomorrow. Based on that footage & the fact it is well and truly going viral - what option do they have?

You don't *smile* with the AFL's image..... Ive said it before. To do so always results in Sepukku
Snorty's more likely to get a private 'please explain' as to why he didn't bring enough for everyone. A gram of coke is an aperitif in polo circles.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, at least he had the good sense not to take it while carrying a baby like Roughead's wife last season.

Reactions: 1 user
Produce the body. No one has to prove their innocence.

Again, the body will be the AFL drug testing the whole club. They know that stuff leaves the system very fast - but as these blokes are in a hub, getting them quickly via an ambush would be like shooting ducks in a barrell

Can we get Snort's name officially amended in the thread title please

Is there a version of it that is clear instead of a phone recording of a phone recording of a TV recording?

Again, the body will be the AFL drug testing the whole club. They know that stuff leaves the system very fast - but as these blokes are in a hub, getting them quickly via an ambush would be like shooting ducks in a barrell

Good to see you are taking this in your usual calm and dignified manner