Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

What is his role in the centre square? He matched up on Ollie Wines a couple of times, he just laughed.

He shouldn't be anywhere near a contest, it's not his go. Using his running ability, speed and kicking is his go. Should be playing the Ralphsmith role. Or wing role.

Doesn't really belong in the centre square.
Put him back in the Ralphsmith role and put Ralphsmith back to the VFL .......... sorted.

Reactions: 1 user
Short is good on the loose ball, quick, and dual-sided. That's the idea behind playing him the guts with a couple of grunts. He's had some good moments doing it. It's stretching him as a footballer. Half-back is his best spot (it's most players' best spot) but wing could be an option.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh dear,oh dear for those that continually knock Short clearly need to review his stats.One that comes to mind is his tackling which consistently is more than the entire fwd line can manage at times.And furthermore given our season seems to be shot I would actually play him at FF.Just might surprise.

Effectively won us the game with those 3 long range goals.
Got us the lead when it was red hot early in the game

Reactions: 6 users
I wonder if there's ever been a player who has kicked 3 goals in a game from out side 50, I doubt it.

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder if there's ever been a player who has kicked 3 goals in a game from out side 50, I doubt it.
Pretty sure Shorty has done it before. Peter Matera? Wayne Carey? Reckon Joel Bowden may have done so playing half forward earlier in his career.

Last edited:
Geez we missed this guy when he was out injured. Reckon we would be in the 8 right now if he didn’t miss those games. Such a crucial part of our team is Shorty.

Four and three I reckon. He's come back in as good nick as I've seen. The new boys help off set his weaknesses, he actually becomes a point of difference in terms of skill set. And maybe a target for Taranto in tight to release to and then take territory.
As you say Scoop we need a balanced midfield.
Grunt - Taranto Prestia Dusty Cotch
Speed and movement - Shai n Shorty
With Short we are too onepaced and leave it to one bloke.
Its a good mix

The three goals were five iron three quarter swings. Made them look easy.

Put his head over some hard contests in the last quarter.

Reckon he is rounding into the AA squad.

Reactions: 2 users