Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Effectively won us the game with those 3 long range goals.
Got us the lead when it was red hot early in the game
Set shot each one of them, rather than his usual scrounge round the back n launch off a step. Was certainly enjoyable watching him nail those shots.

The three goals were five iron three quarter swings. Made them look easy.
Not sure they were 3/4 quarter swings, but it's was noticeable he done thru the ball on each. I reckon when he misses his long shots he tends to kick them pretty high, like he is just trying for distance, but these were more like 60mt stab passes. Great kicks.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Mini is pretty happy with the way that all worked out. Saints will be on Short at range. Can we do it again?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone noticed Shorty strutting a bit after tonight's and last week's goals? Keep doing it Shorty.

Reactions: 3 users
Should be a new stat , goals from outside 50’
The Bombs give teams huge amounts of energy. Lift everyone.

Thought tonight’s goal were way harder than last weeks. Name another back flanker who is doing what he is.

And his mark in the last quarter in wrt conditions was crucial.

Reactions: 10 users
Tonight’s big bomb goal was probably the best one, yet. Even Eddie Betts was impressed. It was from way downtown.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Is becoming really consistent and doing a lot of bullocking work. A vital cog in the Richmond machine.

Reactions: 4 users
Actually didn’t mind the 9 points for goals from outside 50 in pre season games a few years ago , Short would be the Steph Curry of the AFL

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Is it too simple to say in the first half of the season we weren’t kicking goals from outside 50?

He is literally kicking them from 55 which I think would generally be a very low percentage ping. Outside the umpiring costing us 2-3 goals the last two weeks this has been the difference in the last two wins. Go long short.

Reactions: 6 users