Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
playing better footy in the past 5 games and his kicking for goals is a delight to watch. His second goal was virtually one or two hurried steps before kicking it. This is the Richmond I know, multi options for goals. Go Tigers

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Final milestone game of the season. 150 games in R17 v Ducks at the G. Should be a smashing.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You could make an argument that over the last two games, Short has been the catalyst for our wins with his long range goals when we needed them most. Not only do we get the 6 points, but it lifts our boys and has to demoralise the opposition a bit. His distance and accuracy are a massive weapon for us.

Also seems to have gotten back to his Jack Dyer winning form since Mini took over.

Reactions: 6 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Short probably goes at about 50% from outside 50.

Which is elite.

I've said it for years, but, just logically, you're better off going for a 50% from outside 50 than a 75% short kick to a guy who goes at 60% from 40 out.

Basically, you're more likely to nail one kick, even a tricky one, than two easier ones.

The added bonus being that the oppo is less likely to rebound from a Shorty shot at goal than a chip to 40 our.

Thank God that McQualter has given him the license to take them again.

At one point will Short get the reputation on here he deserves? I thought the best and fairest in a premiership year would do it.

He was somehow still tradebait a couple of pages ago!!

Top 5 in our most important players.

Reactions: 7 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Great goals. Amazing really. As you suggest doesn't happen very often. But 5 in the last 2 games have been critical to our wins.

On measure of '"importance" how do you measure the importance of players like Lynch? Nank? Shai? Prestia? Taranto? Martin? Balta? Vlastuin? Rioli? Grimes? Jack?

They are all critical. Unfortunately we haven't got our best team on the park often enough the last 2 years, when we do we are clearly top 4 material.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
playing better footy in the past 5 games and his kicking for goals is a delight to watch. His second goal was virtually one or two hurried steps before kicking it. This is the Richmond I know, multi options for goals. Go Tigers

His 2nd goal was insane, it was actually a relatively poor handball to him that put him a little off balance and I thought a bit close to the man in front which is why it went a bit higher than the other one, but he has an almighty leg on him.

What should he be renamed? The cannon? The hypersonic missile?

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Great goals. Amazing really. As you suggest doesn't happen very often. But 5 in the last 2 games have been critical to our wins.

On measure of '"importance" how do you measure the importance of players like Lynch? Nank? Shai? Prestia? Taranto? Martin? Balta? Vlastuin? Rioli? Grimes? Jack?

They are all critical. Unfortunately we haven't got our best team on the park often enough the last 2 years, when we do we are clearly top 4 material.
Important like this. I don't think we win either of the last two without him, and our season is over.

Reactions: 1 user

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Just a superb kicking action with extraordinary timing. Never tries to over-kick it, yet it goes 55-60 metres.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
His 2nd goal was insane, it was actually a relatively poor handball to him that put him a little off balance and I thought a bit close to the man in front which is why it went a bit higher than the other one, but he has an almighty leg on him.

Long?

• Haha

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Important like this. I don't think we win either of the last two without him, and our season is over.
Same for Shai. Cotchin. Taranto. Nank. Vlastuin. Balta. Rioli.

I'm enjoying him finally kicking goals. Maybe the best series of outisde 50 goals in history. Remarkable.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

after Short's second goal, the saint's defence was shaken

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Same for Shai. Cotchin. Taranto. Nank. Vlastuin. Balta. Rioli.

I'm enjoying him finally kicking goals. Maybe the best series of outisde 50 goals in history. Remarkable.

Probably true.

But I don't think anyone else on our list (or even many in the AFL) kick those goals.

And we needed them.

Let alone the rest he does.

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
after Short's second goal, the saint's defence was shaken
After that second goal, every time we had a mark forward of centre, you could hear half the crowd muttering "where's shorty" - and the Sainters defenders heads were swivelling like tops

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
A genuine perimeter threat, like in basketball, gives the defence something else to worry about. Really important.

Reactions: 3 users

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
jeez he's been good the last few weeks.
Not just the goals, he has been good all around the ground. Was he on Higgins when he bombed them? I'm not sure but regardless I pointed it out to the guy in front who was proclaiming 'bet you wish you had a forward like Higgens' for all to hear.
Unassuming fellow, cant imagine the number 15 is on to many kids jumpers (haircut doing no favours).

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Probably true.

But I don't think anyone else on our list (or even many in the AFL) kick those goals.

And we needed them.

Let alone the rest he does.
Agree. Not even the great dusty could have done what Short did.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
After that second goal, every time we had a mark forward of centre, you could hear half the crowd muttering "where's shorty" - and the Sainters defenders heads were swivelling like tops
This is important, we could almost be using him as a bit of a decoy now they will be so concious of where he is when we are forward of centre.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003

Nice Posh.

The Cannon sounds ok.

Super Sonic?
The Scud?
Donkey Long?
The Mule?

Amazing how much power he can generate off one step.

Afl to announce more Sherrins for Richmond games due to Shorty reducing their life expectancy!