Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
With Balta and Lynch out my fear was Short was gonna feed their key backs all day. He needs to watch Brown kick a footy. Pathetic defensively also. Would drop him.
Yeh, it was the old Short. Weak at the contest, throw it on the boot, run past the ball type plays. After getting leadership stripes.

Maybe move him to the wing.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Back to the old kick and hope.
I wonder why he's dropped off in form?

Is it because the transition to midfielder didn't work & he's been reassigned to the back line?
Is he invested in the new coach's philosophy of transitioning to younger players?
Has he achieved everything he wanted to at Richmond already?

Even though he's been given the vice captaincy, I'd suggest he'd be feeling somewhat vulnerable given the flank role he plays. Brown & Smith in particular are coming threats.
The club would no doubt still be looking for draft capital & at 28 Shorty is right in the window where he still has value but is getting closer toward the end of his career than the start.

He's been a bit of a favourite of mine as he's a ripping guy but I'm starting to wonder what his future looks like beyond this year is. Maybe he is too..

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006

Is it because the transition to midfielder didn't work & he's been reassigned to the back line?
Is he invested in the new coach's philosophy of transitioning to younger players?

Even though he's been given the vice captaincy, I'd suggest he'd be feeling somewhat vulnerable given the flank role he plays. Brown & Smith in particular are coming threats.
The club would no doubt still be looking for draft capital & at 28 Shorty is right in the window where he still has value but is getting closer toward the end of his career than the start.

He's been a bit of a favourite of mine as he's a ripping guy but I'm starting to wonder what his future looks like beyond this year is. Maybe he is too..

When did he get his big fat new contract?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I’m not against trading him but Shorty will be 29 for season ‘25 so his value would be diminished.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not to a 'win now' team. He has at least three good years left after this.

Brisbane in particular should be all over him. With Coleman going down with the knee, they have lost most of their drive out of the backline. Its massively exposed their slow ball movement.

Reactions: 4 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Add Adelaide to the teams that massively need half backs.

Both Short and Rioli, as now senior players in easier roles, started the year poorly.

Daniel his lifted. Short hasn't.

Playing soft selfish football ATM. We need guys like him as vice captain on very good money setting the example.

A move to the wing not the worst thing. You get exposed there if you don't put in. Means his kicking doesn't hurt so much.

Even forward not a bad idea. Especially if Trezise and Smith stay fit and come on as Leysy expects.

Open up Short's half back role for them. Give Short a role where any poor efforts are more exposed and he has to earn his possessions (and keep).

Reactions: 2 users

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Went to the RFC meet and greet in Mildura.

Totally unimpressed with Jayden. It was a family event young kids in attendance. Shorty used very expletive language, even to the point Dale Weightman asked him to tone it down - shorty didnt bat an eyelid.

Would trade him in a heartbeat. Not a leader and has total disrespect for those around him.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Totally unimpressed with Jayden. It was a family event young kids in attendance. Shorty used very expletive language, even to the point Dale Weightman asked him to tone it down - shorty didnt bat an eyelid.

Would trade him in a heartbeat. Not a leader and has total disrespect for those around him.
You should have just yelled out “hey *smile* head there are children present” and showed him a life sized cutout of Luke Meehan.
But seriously, that’s disappointing to read. He sounds like he’s up himself a bit.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

That doesn't sound like the Jayden Short I've met who was a fantastic fella.

That said I have noticed a bit of a demeanor change. Maybe he's a bit unhappy at the direction of the club?

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
You should have just yelled out “hey *smile* head there are children present” and showed him a life sized cutout of Luke Meehan.
But seriously, that’s disappointing to read. He sounds like he’s up himself a bit.
Yeah I think something is off with Jayden.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
That doesn't sound like the Jayden Short I've met who was a fantastic fella.

That said I have noticed a bit of a demeanor change. Maybe he's a bit unhappy at the direction of the club?
He has been elevated to the leadership group.
maybe he is just immature?