Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
No for me. Short's goal kicking from outside 50 is one of the best in the competition. We just haven't set up well enough to utilise it enough. Hopefully the new coach utilises it more.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I’m a big Shorty fan and don’t want to see him go BUT ….if we are to trade someone of value to get back into a better position in the draft I think Jayden is it. I reckon the running half back flanker must be the easiest position to refill and with him turning 28 in January now would be the time.

But what would you get for him?
He is of an age when the best we could hope for would be a middling second rounder at best.

Reactions: 1 user

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Purely as a culture leader he stays.
Yep. Trading players in their prime who “grew up” under Trent Cotchin’s leadership will be a mistake, particularly when we are blooding so many youngsters. Very important year(s) ahead for setting standards on and off the track. Shorty & Bakes will be key.

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Surpised no mentions on this thread since Sep 2023.

Been a slow start to the season, not much impact from our AA HB and team leader. And it's not like the ball hasn't been in his area. Hope he can lift.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Has been down.

Needs to refine his handpass call and long bomb routine.
(sure he hasn't missed too many of late).
When he got the handpass he veered to the right and sort of had to kick around his body to get it back on target.
Never looked like kicking it.

Senior player now Jaydo, Lift!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Has been down.

Needs to refine his handpass call and long bomb routine.
(sure he hasn't missed too many of late).
When he got the handpass he veered to the right and sort of had to kick around his body to get it back on target.
Never looked like kicking it.

Senior player now Jaydo, Lift!
Dow was only 40 out, should have been allowed to take the shot. Know he had missed earlier but it was a poor decision by Short to force Dow to give it off.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Short has been poor this season and his spot in the team needs to be seriously looked at. His defensive efforts have been pathetic and is not offering much going forward except blind bombs to the opposition.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Dow was only 40 out, should have been allowed to take the shot. Know he had missed earlier but it was a poor decision by Short to force Dow to give it off.
Don't agree Miles.

If I have a choice between Dow having a set shot 40 metres out, or Short having a running shot 45 metres out I'm going with Short every day of the week.

Doesn't mean he'll kick it every time, but your chances of scoring a goal are much higher. Always go with the percentages.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree. 40 out directly in front, just have the shot. Outside 50, different story. Wrong for Short to ask for it.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Is lowering his eyes at times. But that started last year. Looks way out of form.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He was poor. There were some bad old Short panic moments. Hurried up and under kicks when he had more time. The way he fumbled then sold KMac into trouble with a hospital handball and ran away looking for the easy receive, leaving KMac to fight against two.

Need him to lift. Vice-captain. Cf Baker. One has risen to the position.

Reactions: 2 users

lisamaree

Tiger Rookie
Jun 19, 2004
His poor form continues, without any tall marking options, his one wood (the no look/composure long bomb) was a huge liability today. Had my heart in my mouth every time the ball was in his hands.

Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
His poor form continues, without any tall marking options, his one wood (the no look/composure long bomb) was a huge liability today. Had my heart in my mouth every time the ball was in his hands.
I thought he was terrible today. Panic hacks high in the air that still count as effective. He was terrible. He doesn’t like traffic and things being busy around him.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

I thought he was our most disappointing player relative to talent today. The Saints' defence was feeding off his long kicks.