Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

nafe brown said:
Looks to have recovered well from his ankle surgery I personally have high hopes for Jayden from the photos I have seen during the offseason we has added some size and looks in traffic condition, watched him last year in the VFL and he impressed with ability to hit targets under pressure also he has great goal sense and is deceptively quick, will be vying for a spot alongside Lambert ,Butler, Rioli ,Lloyd,

I don’t expect him to play many / if any senior games this year but if he can have a good NAB CUP and a constant season with our VFL team playing that midfield/forward role it will be a good launching pad for him to play in the seniors in 2017 I know he has a long way to go but I think he will be our next Axel…..

I like what i've seen of him too, the next Axel would be great, i'm thinking Chris Naish.

nafe brown said:
Looks to have recovered well from his ankle surgery I personally have high hopes for Jayden from the photos I have seen during the offseason we has added some size and looks in traffic condition, watched him last year in the VFL and he impressed with ability to hit targets under pressure also he has great goal sense and is deceptively quick, will be vying for a spot alongside Lambert ,Butler, Rioli ,Lloyd,

I don’t expect him to play many / if any senior games this year but if he can have a good NAB CUP and a constant season with our VFL team playing that midfield/forward role it will be a good launching pad for him to play in the seniors in 2017 I know he has a long way to go but I think he will be our next Axel…..
Just needs a decent opportunity.

sounds like he's a cantidate for "training the house down" status. no reason he can't be upgraded/play snr's at some stage this year. has a bit of the N.Brown's about him

Promising. Missed two he would normally gobble up and had a hand in two of our four goals.

Playing as a half forward in a side coping a belting.

The pace of the game didn’t impact him, looked at home.

Building.

He's a skillful little bugger.

Bottom line for leysy is (unfortunately) he just lacks the pace and zip to make it as a small forward in AFL land. That's not his fault.

Will carve out an excellent suburban career however. And that's OK.

Bill Haverchuck said:
Hmm same opinion on butler or more optimism?
Butler, Lambert, Marcon. All face the same disadvantage. Lambert I think has the best chance, but he's no Jake King.

Shorty!

Upgraded from the rookie list as a replacement for Reece Conca.

Congrats.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-03-31/short-wins-promotion

Could be a possibility to replace Edwards tomorrow night.

Congratulations on being elevated. Well deserved!

JimJessTorp said:
Would he get promoted but then play VFL?

Or is he the replacement this week for Sheds?

Or is it Short for Rioli?

Edit: Congrats on the promotion Jayden!!! :clap

Great minds hey?? ;D

JimJessTorp said:
Would he get promoted but then play VFL?

Or is he the replacement this week for Sheds?

Or is it Short for Rioli?

Edit: Congrats on the promotion Jayden!!! :clap

Castagna got promoted and yet we are still looking for someone to fill the running HB role...WTF? Short for Shed would make sense but can't see it happening.