Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Had a chat with him the other night, he is tiny

Thoughts on my boy in the convo?

stripes17 said:
Can he play like Jamie Elliott. We need one of those

Not sure he can be a Elliot. For a little man Jamie Elliot is a powerful brut. But I think Short can be a very good AFL small forward.

Wouldn't mind him getting a taste this year. Tracking well for a rookie. Impressed that he has already had 20+ touches at VFL level so early.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SCOOP said:
Thoughts on my boy in the convo?

Not sure he can be a Elliot. For a little man Jamie Elliot is a powerful brut. But I think Short can be a very good AFL small forward.

Wouldn't mind him getting a taste this year. Tracking well for a rookie. Impressed that he has already had 20+ touches at VFL level so early.
Switched on, liked his answers , gave me the impression that his very team orientated.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This sounds promising....

Jayden Short
20 disposals, 10 contested possessions, three clearances
Was impressive in his high-forward role. Accumulated 20 touches, hit the scoreboard twice, and had another two shots for goal. Is really starting to hit his straps as a small forward, and we are excited about what he’s going to be bringing to the team over the next few weeks.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Smoking Aces said:

Jayden Short
Was impressive in his high-forward role. Accumulated 20 touches, hit the scoreboard twice, and had another two shots for goal. Is really starting to hit his straps as a small forward, and we are excited about what he’s going to be bringing to the team over the next few weeks.

Sounds promising!

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Smoking Aces said:

Jayden Short
Sounds good, a full rookie season to get some development n growth into him then elevation onto the list to replace someone who's had four years or so but not come on n he'd be ready to step into a role almost straight away.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
Jayden Short

My boy is tracking beautifully. All class. Playing that small forward role he's been getting 15 touches and 3 inside 50's a week. In his first year that is super.

We have no one as a true small forward with class. I think this lad can do it but also push higher up the ground and play as a mid. He is one you want delivering inside 50.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I like to see him get promoted off the rookie list and given a couple of games.
I haven't seen much of him, but he crumbed a goal off McBean in nab cup game against the dogs, it was instinct and had small forward written all over it.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Would like to see him get a chance after round 11, when (if rules are still the same) we can promote a rookie.

I know we're all looking for a replacement for Morris (don't think that's gonna happen this year), but I'd do with him coming in as an interchange player giving us a spot here and there.

It's these types of players (Short, Lennon, Menadue) I hope are stamping Gordon's and Lloyd's paperwork. Those guys are bush footballers trying their best for the jumper, and I respect them for it, but they're not up to it long term.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Smoking Aces said:

Jayden Short

Yeah but how's his star jumps and arm flailing abilities? If not up scratch I don't like his chances of getting a game anytime soon.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I like him, but he's very small and he's very slight, and he doesn't have the express pace to compensate at the top level. He is quick, he is skilful, he is smart, and I am optimistic about his future, I'm just not sure he's ready yet.

It's a shame Butler has been injured, as I think he does have the pace and power for an early call-up.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
If Short plays a good game today, he will be a huge chance to play next week. Will watch with interest on the TV.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
He certainly has a crack and his endeavour can't be questioned. Just needs a little more time in the system then he could be ready to add something to the list.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
After a quiet couple of weeks, Shorty kicked 3 today and stood out in the VFL side. Every time he went near it his class shone through. Bit of a live wire, plenty to like.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Tigers of Old said:
After a quiet couple of weeks, Shorty kicked 3 today and stood out in the VFL side. Every time he went near it his class shone through. Bit of a live wire, plenty to like.
I actually like what little I've seen of him. I don't think he'll play seniors this year, but I hope we put him on the list for 2016 and look at making him into the small forward we need.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Massive oppurtunity for the lad, there's a big little spot right there in the 22 if he demands it...bloody good signs

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
I haven't really seen him play, but conversely Kane Lambert rips it up in the VFL after 10 weeks out, comes into the seniors and has 1 possession against the Swans.
I think we have to temper our expectations on Short. I'd be surprised if his name was even brought up for the rest of the year in team selection.
He might get a shot next year I'd say.