Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He's got the same long-striding easy pace. Both would make good 400m runners.

Like these quotes from his school coach:

“He plays half-back for East Fremantle colts and he breaks lines.

“We played him on a wing last year at PSA level and he just terrorises the opposition with his speed and ball-carrying ability.

“Then we realised when we put him forward that he could jump and mark the ball and kick goals as well, we didn’t have much of that so we left him forward.

“We played him on ball a bit as well and he ran out of centre bounces and kicked goals from there.

“He’s got strings to his bow but he’s still got development left in his body and his game so there’s lots of upside to him as well.

“He can burst away, he can jump vertically and he’s a good kick with clean hands, so he’s got those traits with AFL written all over them.”
Reckon he has a cm or two in height left in him too.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
His higihlights look like George's U18 highlights. Charging from half back taking a thousand bounces.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The good thing about Smith is that you can be quick on the stop watch ….but not have it translate into a game of football and with a footy in your hand.

He is a quick footballer, not just a quick runner.

Reactions: 7 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Is a player really drafted if there isn't iPhone footage of mates jumping all over him?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
November baby , Has atleast 4 cm left to grow

"“He can burst away, he can jump vertically and he’s a good kick with clean hands, so he’s got those traits with AFL written all over them.”
Plays like Shai Bolton ;)
Who said that? Shifter, about every pick?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Got to laugh that this bloke saying West Coast would be missing out on a Dusty, De-Goey, Petracca, Dangerfield type if West Coast didn't pick Kaleb up.
Must be the kids manager as well
certainly a bit of hyperbole.

• Wow

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Genius though wasn't it.
I don't know, at that time if they made me watch that I would have said next please, really can't see it.
I'll give them the out, he was a rookie pick 29 so was a pick and hope pick so they could get away with it..

But it was the time they were drafting athlete's first and footballers second and that was putting in a bad situation. At least last year's and this years picks can kick footballs straight the majority of the time which is what I want to see.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

That first kick, how could you draft him watching this highlights package :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Second play a wild handball. Oh my lord :ROFLMAO:
Where's the blooper reel?

Maybe Dimma was on the reefer watching the game. I wouldn't draft off that mess.

• Haha

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Got to laugh that this bloke saying West Coast would be missing out on a Dusty, De-Goey, Petracca, Dangerfield type if West Coast didn't pick Kaleb up.
Must be the kids manager as well
certainly a bit of hyperbole.

Bit over the top for sure caesar but apparently an element of effort by Broadbridge in his words.

West Coast are apparently disappointed that Smith wasn't still on the board at pick 58. So confident that they didn't try to trade up for him, then bang, the Tigers stepped in. Broadbridge apparently became aware of late interest in Smith from at least a couple of clubs.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
November baby , Has atleast 4 cm left to grow

"“He can burst away, he can jump vertically and he’s a good kick with clean hands, so he’s got those traits with AFL written all over them.”
Plays like Shai Bolton ;)
And a bit like your boy HRS?

Lets hope so!

Reactions: 1 user