Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

Pity. Has a great name and had a great draft video.

Unfortunately for him, Dudford pumped up Steely as this years junior to watch.

Suppose we can't all be like Leysy and get everything right.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Wow. Has that even happened before? I cant recall an AFL listed player being dropped from the VFL, other than for disciplinary reasons.
Thought exactly the same thing.
We’ve previously recruited some duds but can’t ever remember one being dropped from the VFL team on form or ability.

I remember Dean Putt getting dropped to Coburg reserves. Probably the last one I can remember

Reactions: 2 users
I remember Dean Putt getting dropped to Coburg reserves. Probably the last one I can remember
I am sure it happened back in the development league days which was essentially vfl 2nds.
Not the same thing I know but both Rance and Grimes started their careers in the development league
I think Ivan Soldo may have gone up and down between the two in the early days if his career

I am sure it happened back in the development league days which was essentially vfl 2nds.
Not the same thing I know but both Rance and Grimes started their careers in the development league
I think Ivan Soldo may have gone up and down between the two in the early days if his career
From memory most of those players weren't necessarily dropped rather the list numbers were higher back then from memory and they had too many players to fit in the afl/vfl games which ultimately was one of the reasons for the development league?

Andrew Browne spring to mind as well.

I’m guessing we’re going to really scratch our heads thinking of a small that was dropped to ressies.

Maybe Clayton Collard

Reactions: 1 users
From memory most of those players weren't necessarily dropped rather the list numbers were higher back then from memory and they had too many players in the afl/vfl which ultimately was one of the reasons for the development league?
Yes you are correct now I think of it . In those days it was all vfl affiliations and you could only pick a certain number of afl listed players, 12 or 14 or something like that

The Curse of Dudford!!

Has a good ring to it.
Pretty rich given I flog you every Friday night with winning predictions v your abject failures. Don’t think you’ve ever beaten me have you ? Actually, can’t work out who I beat up more regularly, you or Nobet Pays.

Both senior party members of the Dunces of Dooooom !

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately for him, Dudford pumped up Steely as this years junior to watch.

Suppose we can't all be like Leysy and get everything right.
Shouldn’t you be trying to explain how you got your “Hawthorn to finish last and anyone who disagrees doesn’t know football” statements so badly wrong ? (Again).

Hah hah hah. Only out by 5 games and % at the moment. “Sure thing”. Heh heh heh….

Clueless.

Andrew Browne spring to mind as well.
We had a few in those days, because the arrangement was we wouldn't have more than 12 (?) AFL players in the firsts. We don't have that restriction with our own VFL side........ouch.

This is why we're likely to keep some players on the list that we'd otherwise delist. We aren't going to find anyone better at pick 110

He’s a spud. Small, slow and butchers the ball. Not sure why he was drafted tbh.

Reactions: 2 users