Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Steely Green (13 disposals, six tackles, three marks)

"He's a really exciting player. He's got incredible upside and is only relatively new to the game. You can see his decision making and ball use is second to none, he sees things that others can't. He really offered us something when he went into the midfield in the second half."
That description is what I would have applied to Shane Edwards. If that proves accurate I’ll be over the moon.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I like the Baker comparisons but with more midfield nouse, Redders.

Along with Cumberland, Jud and Sonz, he might bring more of what the side needs to help bring some spark as the season winds its way along.
Better kick than Bakes.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He might be a bargain bin dildo but the good thing is he's brand new. Never know where those second-hand dildos have been.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Being trialed as a small forward in the VFL according to Steve Morris.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Being trialed as a small forward in the VFL according to Steve Morris.
Right. So they started him off as a small defender, then put him on the ball, and now we’re trying him as a small forward.

Reckon there’s a lot of guys at Richmond not sure of their roles, or if they’re getting a game or not, or maybe even what the game plan is too. Rushing players back too early as well eg Short.

We’ve been all over the shop this year, right from the first practice game v North.

Very unsettled club in my mind.

Reactions: 8 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Right. So they started him off as a small defender, then put him on the ball, and now we’re trying him as a small forward.

Reckon there’s a lot of guys at Richmond not sure of their roles, or if they’re getting a game or not, or maybe even what the game plan is too. Rushing players back too early as well eg Short.

We’ve been all over the shop this year, right from the first practice game v North.

Agree. He's a mid isn't he? Play him as a mid.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Yeah I don't get it. I'm never a huge fan of drafting a player as something then turning him into something else. Green was a mid, we are desperate for mids at both AFL level and VFL level but we trail him as a small forward. Absolute madness. These aren't the comments I want to see.

Steely Green (nine disposals, two marks, one goal)

"It was fantastic to see Steely kick his first goal in Richmond colours and his teammates get around him to celebrate in style. I thought he looked energetic up in the forward line and his pressure was reasonably good. He will continue to gain a better understanding of what's required of him as a small forward."

Reactions: 1 users