Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Connor Menadue

Re: Welcome to the Tiggers - Connor Menadue

bullus_hit said:
It has evened up the ledger in a very high risk strategy so I'm pleased with the outcome. It's definitely not something I would have done myself but one can't complain about the results. Menadue is an exciting footballer and should provide us with some much needed dash, he will take time though and I'm still not convinced that Drummond will be the answer in the short term.

So where does that place us in the forseeable future? I really don't know, I think next year we won't be seeing any added run, the clock is now officially ticking so time is of the essence. We simply have to get Dangerfield next year or a player of a similar ilk. Menadue we can tuck away and unleash in 2017, in the meantime Blair Hartley's work will be cut out, this mysterious war chest better be put to good use.

Bully firstly great job on your comments as you watch more then most...

Really 2017, thats 3 years, he cant be that far away thats a project player and you rate the guy...

Ellis next year, how many games after Lennon this year what was it 3-7?

Tigertough1974 said:
Bully firstly great job on your comments as you watch more then most...

Really 2017, thats 3 years, he cant be that far away thats a project player and you rate the guy...

Ellis next year, how many games after Lennon this year what was it 3-7?

Brad Hill took a couple of seasons to get going and Menadue is a similar type. It's all about adding an extra 10kg, easier said than done. Think back to Bob Murphy's draft year and that's exactly where Menadue sits, hopefully he embodies the same sort of dedication.

bullus_hit said:
Brad Hill took a couple of seasons to get going and Menadue is a similar type. It's all about adding an extra 10kg, easier said than done. Think back to Bob Murphy's draft year and that's exactly where Menadue sits, hopefully he embodies the same sort of dedication.

I wanted the other conner for immediate impact, but in 2-3 years we could be licking our chops..?

Tigertough1974 said:
I wanted the other conner for immediate impact, but in 2-3 years we could be licking our chops..?

Given our window is now I would have recruited a couple of ready-mades, Weller & Blakely should have been too good to refuse, but we have chosen this path now and just have to hope that they get up to speed sooner rather than later. Both Ellis & Menadue will have limited impact in 2015, we have to find improvement from elsewhere.

I actually think our window is just opening, so have 4-5 years... All our guns are below 25 other than lids

bullus_hit said:
Given our window is now I would have recruited a couple of ready-mades, Weller & Blakely should have been too good to refuse, but we have chosen this path now and just have to hope that they get up to speed sooner rather than later. Both Ellis & Menadue will have limited impact in 2015, we have to find improvement from elsewhere.

It is certainly a gamble, particularly not taking Weller. For the life of me I'm scratching my head that risk-averse FJ goes speculative (with huge potential) for the second pick, after over-looking a sure thing in Weller. I think that we'll be there or there abouts in 2016-2017 if one of Griffiths/Ty come on as hoped. Wouldn't mind another young KPD to balance things up a bit though.

As others have said, thanks for all your input on these junior threads again this year. Top shelf.

brigadiertiger said:
. Also his field kicking seemed to get to much air which I worry will be more of an issue at the highest level.

I noticed that too. Has a tendency to kick the ball high from the highlights package. But gee he's quick.

Loves taking the game on and is damn quick.

Something we have been lacking.

Fast forward to 12min.34sec first to see Connor Menadue take on Daniel Cross. Reece McKenzie interview follows staright after at 15min 40 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXGuADabiX8

If he can put some muscle on I think he could very well be our best selection of this draft. May have just snuck one in under everyone's radar at 33.

Welcome Connor to the greatest army,the Tiger Army. :clap

A goal kicking machine going by his highlights package.

Is menadue a similar frame to HOSKIN Elliot when he was drafted

bullus_hit said:

Brad hill was good in his second year he was very good in the gf against freo last year

Pappy said:
Fast forward to 12min.34sec first to see Connor Menadue take on Daniel Cross. Reece McKenzie interview follows staright after at 15min 40 sec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXGuADabiX8

Thanks for that mate.

He is certainly very slight but there are lighter in the AFL eg Kayne Turner of North Melbourne. Needs a big preseason and first half of the season (in the twos) - hopes are high. Good selection

Letsroar said:
He is certainly very slight.....
Slight????? He needs 2-3 years of protein shakes and gym work!!!!

Sorry, can't see this one working out.

Robin Nahas weighs more than him FFS !?!?!?!?!

agincourt said:

Robin Nahas weighs more than him FFS !?!?!?!?!

Look at the Bombers Martin Gleeson. He made an impact in year 2, and would be of very similar build.

Tigertough1974 said:
I actually think our window is just opening, so have 4-5 years... All our guns are below 25 other than lids
Don't get this window opening being for the immediate now or lasting only four or five years maximum.
If the drafting and structuring of the playing list is done properly then there's more than enough time beyond the excitement of a quick fart n splatter.
All three of Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn have been up around the top of the ladder sharing the flags for the last ten years and will still be entrenched in the top half of the ladder for the 2015 season.
Even Colonwood spent about ten years playing finals n got their flag before finally fading off a bit.
We've been massively hampered in our list rebuilding obviously by the advent of Mould Coast n Gee Whizz Sydney but even so there's no reason to think we can't be at least playing finals for another seven or eight years n sniffing around for at least a few finals wins during this period.

agincourt said:

Somebody hasn't heard of development and pre season work...

looks like he has a good frame and should fill out. most excited about this pick as he addresses a massive deficiency in our list. need a few more of his type.