Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

123kid said:
Playing through injury likey a soldier, never gives up. Will be fitter when it counts.
Nah overrated badly. Playeda handful of good games in his career. Yes a couple of them were huge games but overall been disapointing. The 3 amigos bulldust is turning into the 3 stooges a comedy act.

22nd Man said:
Influence zero. Needs to stay out if he is injured, if not needs 4 or 5 strong VFL games before recall.

Totally agree, if his name was Smith what would happen?

Overrated and underachiever since 2017. VFL awaits.

Wish him well but .......

Just rewatched the 2nd quarter of last night's game ::), 2 Rioli tackles broken and a kick from the wing to a player on the HF line in the clear was touched because he didn't push back from the mark hard enough. This is uncharacteristic --the intensity seems not to be there, whether that is from injury who knows. He is not in the screen enough and we are not seeing those rundown tackles. As the leader of the small forwards, he needs to get back to the level where opposition defenders panic when he is in the area.

Stats are down across the board from last season.
Less possessions, less goals, less tackles, less everything.
Something has gone very wrong with Daniel.
Right now he is a shadow of his former self.

Tigers of Old said:
Stats are down across the board from last season.
Less possessions, less goals, less tackles, less everything.
Something has gone very wrong with Daniel.
Right now he is a shadow of his former self.

Yeah. Its very unpleasant to witness a rioli out of form

hanging around the Fevolas would not be an ideal environment .. like a bad sitcom .. it has messed with his head because he's stuck in it ..

I'm thinking it is physical. He copped two almighty crunches in two games this year and played on in those games (unwisely IMO).

Was slightly better last night. Needs the bye and a few days up north to recharge for the run home.

lamb22 said:
I'm thinking it is physical. He copped two almighty crunches in two games this year and played on in those games (unwisely IMO).

Was slightly better last night. Needs the bye and a few days up north to recharge for the run home.

Do you reckon he was himself before those hits sheepy?

easy said:
Do you reckon he was himself before those hits sheepy?

He got those hits early in the season so dunno, maybe. He was clearly throwing himself in. Those two collisions he got hurt in were crazy brave. I was worried he'd damaged a spleen or kidney in one of them. Maybe he is a bit gun shy.

Tigers of Old said:
Was terrible last week. Very lucky to hold his spot. In fact I'd go so far as to say he doesn't deserve to play seniors this week.

X2

Bolton produced a game in the twos that Rioli has gotten anywhere near at any level this year.

Rioli might be temporarily underperforming, but he’s a vital cog in our premiership aspirations this year.

Two months from now we should be looking back and applauding the way they’ve got the best out of Rioli coming into finals.

We’d be a worse club overall if selection reflected a week-by-week performance review.