Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hes not focussed hes shagging too much........................ half his luck ....................... ;)

Focus Daniel lad Focus!!

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Has he ever recorded 20+ possies in his career. I reckon he has played 6 to 8 good games in his career. Becoming a foot soldier at best!

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
saigon tiger said:
Has he ever recorded 20+ possies in his career. I reckon he has played 6 to 8 good games in his career. Becoming a foot soldier at best!
He's built to be playing on good teams. Eddie Betts is the model, he's been exponentially as good at the crows, because his game is set up for taking advantage of dominance. Rioli is a good chaser and tackler, but he's going to struggle in a team finding it hard. Agree, he needs to lift, but I'll bet he comes good when we get Jack back.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
jb03 said:
Never really recovered from the Grand Final injury

Been thinking that since he came back in 018.... And worst thing was that it was a junk time injury. If you can have junk time in the first premiership in 37 years.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
antman said:
I thought he showed much better signs tonight.

There's something amiss. Well down on the hard stats, just 2 contested possies, 2 tackles, only 27 pressure points, by far the lowest of the small forwards. These areas are his bread and butter and he's just not bringing that game to the table. Very concerning.

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Is struggling hasn’t been the same player since hurting his foot in the granny and moving in with fev and fev’s daughter

Also started to become a bit selfish and goes for glory rather then hit up players in better positions needs a month in the magoos

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
Is struggling hasn’t been the same player since hurting his foot in the granny and moving in with fev and fev’s daughter

Also started to become a bit selfish and goes for glory rather then hit up players in better positions needs a month in the magoos

Thought he was very good in the second half

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Honestly think Rioli being pushed into the midfield was bad for him. He is lightly framed and the big hits he has taken this year have really sapped him and taken speed out of his chase and probably some desire too.

Stack and Rioli both have good clean hands, good speed, tackle well, fly well and to our joy they both finish well.

Stack will have Rioli playing like himself again, the friendly internal rivalry will feed itself.

Together, with Jack and Tom - and George, give the guy his due, that is a very potent forward line.

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Looked like he was getting back to his best. The move for Stack forward looked liked it helped.
Was jumping for marks chasing putting lots of pressure on

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I agree with others. That was a step back in the right direction, and i reckon its no coincidence that the Stackman up forward helped invigorate Daniel

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Seeing glimpses of the old pin ball chasing Rioli.
Then he gets a knock and hobbles around for a while, starts playing lazy outside footy and goes missing.

Must be mental as surely the club wouldn't play him injured ........
To quote Viper in Top Gun, "just keep putting him up there" .....

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Probably a guestion for LTRTR , however it’s quite possible that come round 22 we could have Stack, Edwards, Rioli, Bolton and Pickett all playing, would that be the most indigenous lads in one team for us ?

Sorry Eggs is not beyond hope of been in the senior team by seasons end either

Reactions: 1 user